[Lazarus] Icon transparency

patspiper
Hi,

Component palette icons should use as transparent color the lower left
pixel. While the component palette honors this, the icon loses its
transparency when the component is placed on a form (IDE design mode).
The transparent color is shown instead as a proper color.

Shall I report this behavior as a bug?

Thanks,
Stephano

Re: [Lazarus] Icon transparency

Zaher Dirkey

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 12:54 AM, patspiper <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Component palette icons should use as transparent color the lower left pixel. While the component palette honors this, the icon loses its transparency when the component is placed on a form (IDE design mode). The transparent color is shown instead as a proper color.

Shall I report this behavior as a bug?

Thanks,
Stephano

As i know component palette icons is png image with alpha channels .

Regards
--
Zaher Dirkey

On 03/26/2011 06:04 PM, Zaher Dirkey wrote:

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 12:54 AM, patspiper <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Component palette icons should use as transparent color the lower left pixel. While the component palette honors this, the icon loses its transparency when the component is placed on a form (IDE design mode). The transparent color is shown instead as a proper color.

Shall I report this behavior as a bug?

Thanks,
Stephano

As i know component palette icons is png image with alpha channels .
Where can I find an example of such an icon with the corresponding FPC resource file (res or dcr)?

What should it be marked in the resource file? BITMAP? ICON?

Still, bitmap images use transparency when shown on the palette.

Stephano

Re: [Lazarus] Icon transparency

Paul Ishenin
26.03.2011 23:12, patspiper wrote:
>> As i know component palette icons is png image with alpha channels .
> Where can I find an example of such an icon with the corresponding FPC
> resource file (res or dcr)?
>
> What should it be marked in the resource file? BITMAP? ICON?
Only RT_BITMAP resources can be used for component images in case of FPC
resources. Png does not have a corresponding resource type and can't be
used.
> Still, bitmap images use transparency when shown on the palette.

I will look at this problem later.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin

On 03/27/2011 07:30 AM, Paul Ishenin wrote:
> 26.03.2011 23:12, patspiper wrote:
>>> As i know component palette icons is png image with alpha channels .
>> Where can I find an example of such an icon with the corresponding
>> FPC resource file (res or dcr)?
>>
>> What should it be marked in the resource file? BITMAP? ICON?
> Only RT_BITMAP resources can be used for component images in case of
> FPC resources. Png does not have a corresponding resource type and
> can't be used.
That's unfortunate.
>> Still, bitmap images use transparency when shown on the palette.
>
> I will look at this problem later.
Thanks,
Stephano

Re: [Lazarus] Icon transparency

Paul Ishenin-2
27.03.2011 13:31, patspiper wrote:
>>> Still, bitmap images use transparency when shown on the palette.
>>
>> I will look at this problem later.

Since r30042 bitmaps loaded from FPC resources are transparent.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin

On 03/28/2011 03:48 AM, Paul Ishenin wrote:

>>> I will look at this problem later.
>
> Since r30042 bitmaps loaded from FPC resources are transparent.
Thanks!

Stephano