[Lazarus] Icon program cannot be set as favorite in Ubuntu 18.04

[Lazarus] Icon program cannot be set as favorite in Ubuntu 18.04

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hi.
I note that in Ubuntu the icon program in the launcher does not have "Add to favorites".
How can I fix my program in the bar?
Thanks.
Maurício

Re: [Lazarus] Icon program cannot be set as favorite in Ubuntu 18.04

I don't have a Ubuntu running currently, but I could imagine you run
your binary directly. You should try to create a .desktop file and run
your application that way.

A .desktop file is a simple textfile whitch contains some
metainformation (like a .lnk on Windows) and looks like this.

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Lazarus Installation Manager
Comment=Manage different Lazarusinstallations
Exec=/home/ingo/dev/lim/lim %U
StartupNotify=true
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Icon=/home/ingo/dev/lim/icons/Logo100x100.png
Categories=Development;

On ElementaryOS storing the file in ~/.local/share/applications creates
an entry in the menu and if I run my app that way I can fix it in the dock.

Hope this helps.

Ingo

Am 20.05.2020 um 06:03 schrieb Maurício Camargo via lazarus:
> Hi.
> I note that in Ubuntu the icon program in the launcher does not have
> "Add to favorites".
> How can I fix my program in the bar?
> Thanks.
> Maurício

Re: [Lazarus] Icon program cannot be set as favorite in Ubuntu 18.04

On Wed, 20 May 2020 01:03:10 -0300, Maurício Camargo via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi.
>I note that in Ubuntu the icon program in the launcher does not have "Add
>to favorites".
>How can I fix my program in the bar?
>Thanks.
>Maurício

Create a "desktop" text file:

~/.local/share/applications/lazarus_2.0.8.desktop
(change the version number to suit)

In this file put this (the example is what I have on an RPi4 with
Raspbian Buster):

[Desktop Entry]
Comment=Lazarus IDE 2.0.8
Terminal=false
Name=Lazarus 2.0.8
Exec=/home/pi/dev/lazarus/2.0.8/startlazarus
--pcp=/home/pi/.lazarus_2.0.8 %f
Type=Application
Icon=/home/pi/dev/lazarus/2.0.8/images/ide_icon48x48.png
Categories=Application;IDE;Development;GTK;GUIDesigner;Programming;
NoDisplay=false
Keywords=editor;Pascal;IDE;FreePascal;fpc;Design;Designer;

All lines start with keyword= and if the view above does not show that
then the line has been wrapped down.

Notice that the paths in my example refers to my installation inside
the pi home, on yours you have to adapt it to your situation.

Also notice the use of the --pcp argument, it is needed if you run
more than one version of Lazarus on your system (I have 4).