[Lazarus] IDE dlg Go To don't react to Esc key

[Lazarus] IDE dlg Go To don't react to Esc key

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Dialog must cancel on Esc press, now it doesn't. Latest SVN, Linux gtk2 x64.

Alexey

Re: [Lazarus] IDE dlg Go To don't react to Esc key

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 10:55 PM AlexeyT via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dialog must cancel on Esc press, now it doesn't. Latest SVN, Linux gtk2 x64.

You mean GotLine dialog (default shoertcut: Ctrl+G)?
If so, does it work in r60107?

I can't really see how my change influences that (but it's late, so I
may be wrong).

--
Bart

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 11:37 PM Bart <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You mean GotLine dialog (default shoertcut: Ctrl+G)?
> If so, does it work in r60107?

Well, that dialog still works fine for me (closes on escape) with the
changes of r60108 on Linux Mint 18.2 64-bit/fpc 3.0.4

--
Bart

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 11:44 PM Bart <[hidden email]> wrote:

@AlexeyT: a reaction please?

--
Bart

Re: [Lazarus] IDE dlg Go To don't react to Esc key

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
r60137. fpc 3.0.4. Ubuntu 18.04 gtk2 x64. rebuilt with clean-all. ESC
still don't work.

(checked on 2 PCs)

On 22.01.2019 0:20, Bart via lazarus wrote:
> @AlexeyT: a reaction please?

Alexey

Re: [Lazarus] IDE dlg Go To don't react to Esc key

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 10:58 PM AlexeyT via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> r60137. fpc 3.0.4. Ubuntu 18.04 gtk2 x64. rebuilt with clean-all. ESC
> still don't work.

Please answer the questions in my first reply.

--
Bart

Re: [Lazarus] IDE dlg Go To don't react to Esc key

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Ok:

>You mean GotLine dialog (default shoertcut: Ctrl+G)?

yes.

>If so, does it work in r60107?

I don't know, but i retested in later revision.

Alex

Re: [Lazarus] IDE dlg Go To don't react to Esc key

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 6:41 PM AlexeyT via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> >If so, does it work in r60107?

Please test that, otherwise I have no idea wether my changes causes this.
If r60107 works, then please add #27 to the allowed keys in
Edit1KeyPress (r60108 or later) and see if that helps.

Bart

Re: [Lazarus] IDE dlg Go To don't react to Esc key

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 18:57:46 +0100
Bart via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 6:41 PM AlexeyT via lazarus
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > >If so, does it work in r60107?
>
> Please test that, otherwise I have no idea wether my changes causes
> this. If r60107 works, then please add #27 to the allowed keys in
> Edit1KeyPress (r60108 or later) and see if that helps.

I added #13 and #27. Now it works again under Linux/gtk2.

Re: [Lazarus] IDE dlg Go To don't react to Esc key

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 10:43 AM Mattias Gaertner via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I added #13 and #27. Now it works again under Linux/gtk2.

Thanks.
Odd though, since on my Linux machine this worked with GTK2 without
that addition.
Wondering why.

--
Bart

Re: [Lazarus] IDE dlg Go To don't react to Esc key

vojtech.cihak

I just did a test. Escape closes automatically any Form displayed with "ShowModal" (not Show) if there is BitBtn with Kind=bkCancel on that Form. It works on Delphi7, Lazarus+Qt4 or GTk2.

Edit.OnKeyPress on GoToFrm form contains this code:

 if not (Key in [^C,^V,^X,#8,'0'..'9']) then

    Key:=#0;

On GTk2, Escape key is reseted when Edit is focused, otherwise it works.

On Qt4 and Delphi7 Escape key works even if Edit is focused.

V.

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I added #13 and #27. Now it works again under Linux/gtk2.

Thanks.
Odd though, since on my Linux machine this worked with GTK2 without
that addition.
Wondering why.

--
Bart

Re: [Lazarus] IDE dlg Go To don't react to Esc key

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 4:20 PM Vojtěch Čihák via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On GTk2, Escape key is reseted when Edit is focused, otherwise it works.

That sounds like a bug?
Escape is supposed to reach a button with Cancel=True before other
controls on the form can see it IIRC?

--
Bart