[Lazarus] I use the Windows procedure WinExec() to open directries and files out of a lazarus application on a Windows box. I also use the same application in a Linux mint box. Is there a procedure in Lazarus or Linux to replace or mimic WinExec?

[Lazarus] I use the Windows procedure WinExec() to open directries and files out of a lazarus application on a Windows box. I also use the same application in a Linux mint box. Is there a procedure in Lazarus or Linux to replace or mimic WinExec?

Re: [Lazarus] I use the Windows procedure WinExec() to open directries and files out of a lazarus application on a Windows box. I also use the same application in a Linux mint box. Is there a procedure in Lazarus or Linux to replace or mimic WinExec?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 10:34 AM larrydalton71 via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

Is there anything wrong with TOpenDialog or TSelectDirectoryDialog?
And what exactly does "open a file" mean in your situation (open it in
your application, let windows open it in the default associated
application, something else)?

Oh, and please don't use such a big font, it is the equivalent of shouting...

--
Bart

<[hidden email]> wrote:

Is there anything wrong with TOpenDialog or TSelectDirectoryDialog?
And what exactly does "open a file" mean in your situation (open it in
your application, let windows open it in the default associated
application, something else)?

Oh, and please don't use such a big font, it is the equivalent of shouting...

The problem is not the font, the problem is that the user's message is completely contained inside the Subject instead of the body... 🙄 (and at least in the Android GMail app the Subject of the first mail of a thread is rendered with a larger font)

Re: [Lazarus] I use the Windows procedure WinExec() to open directries and files out of a lazarus application on a Windows box. I also use the same application in a Linux mint box. Is there a procedure in Lazarus or Linux to replace or mimic WinExec?

Take a look at TProcess
Regards