[Lazarus] Howto uninstall Lazarus and reinstall

[Lazarus] Howto uninstall Lazarus and reinstall

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
My Lazarus install seems messed up.  It is version 1.8.2 and it was
installed from the download and after downloading from the website it
auto install by what I am assuming is dpk. Frree Pascal seems to be
fine.

I am running Linux Mint 18.3

What would be my best method to remove Lazarus and reinstall.

Re: [Lazarus] Howto uninstall Lazarus and reinstall

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Sun, 27 May 2018 15:04:09 -0500
"Terry A. Haimann via Lazarus" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My Lazarus install seems messed up.

Why 'seems'?
What is the error message?

> It is version 1.8.2 and it was
> installed from the download and after downloading from the website it
> auto install by what I am assuming is dpk.

Do you mean deb?

> Frree Pascal seems to be
> fine.
>
> I am running Linux Mint 18.3
>
> What would be my best method to remove Lazarus and reinstall.

Uninstall:
dpkg --purge lazarus

Maybe you messed up your configs. Rename or remove ~/.lazarus

On Mon, 2018-05-28 at 00:43 +0200, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Sun, 27 May 2018 15:04:09 -0500
> "Terry A. Haimann via Lazarus" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > My Lazarus install seems messed up.
> Why 'seems'?
> What is the error message?

I am getting many duplicate errors like the following:

Note: Duplicate unit "ZDbcLogging" in "zcore 7.1", orphaned ppu
"/home/terry/zeosdbo/ZEOSDBO-7.1.3a-stable/packages/lazarus/lib/x86_64-
linux/ZDbcLogging.ppu"

So I think I messed up the zeosdbo install.

Also this line isn't compiling, so I think a library might be missing.

Chart2PieSeries1.AddPie(SaveRec.EV, State, clRed);

> >  It is version 1.8.2 and it was
> > installed from the download and after downloading from the website
> > it
> > auto install by what I am assuming is dpk.
> Do you mean deb?

Yes.

> > Frree Pascal seems to be
> > fine.
> >
> > I am running Linux Mint 18.3
> >
> > What would be my best method to remove Lazarus and reinstall.
> Uninstall:
> dpkg --purge lazarus
>
> Maybe you messed up your configs. Rename or remove ~/.lazarus
>
> Mattias

Re: [Lazarus] Howto uninstall Lazarus and reinstall

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
El 28/05/18 a les 03:22, Terry A. Haimann via Lazarus ha escrit:

> I am getting many duplicate errors like the following:
>
> Note: Duplicate unit "ZDbcLogging" in "zcore 7.1", orphaned ppu
> "/home/terry/zeosdbo/ZEOSDBO-7.1.3a-stable/packages/lazarus/lib/x86_64-
> linux/ZDbcLogging.ppu"
>
> So I think I messed up the zeosdbo install.

No, zeos packaging is somewhat messy but, in spite of those warnings, it
works (but I'm using 7.1.4 while I wait for some bugs to be fixed in 7.2)

> Also this line isn't compiling, so I think a library might be missing.
>
> Chart2PieSeries1.AddPie(SaveRec.EV, State, clRed);

That's another issue. Did you check if is there an updated version of
the package that doesn't compile?

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007