[Lazarus] How to stop the ChildSizing?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
There's a TPage containing a few components I want to position and size manually (sort of position: 'absolute' in CSS). It works well, but then the LCL comes and overrides my work....

I've played with Anchors, AutoSize and Align of both the parent (TPage) and child components for quite a while, but nothing helped. I finally sort of solved it by overriding SetBound in the children, so that only my own calls get honoured.

It works, but it isn't possible with standard components, so I'm looking for something better. Any idea?

Re: [Lazarus] How to stop the ChildSizing?

Am 12.06.2020 um 00:36 schrieb Martin Grajcar via lazarus:

> There's a TPage containing a few components I want to position and
> size manually (sort of position: 'absolute' in CSS). It works well,
> but then the LCL comes and overrides my work....
>
> I've played with Anchors, AutoSize and Align of both the parent
> (TPage) and child components for quite a while, but nothing helped. I
> finally sort of solved it by overriding SetBound in the children, so
> that only my own calls get honoured.
>
> It works, but it isn't possible with standard components, so I'm
> looking for something better. Any idea?
I don't know what you were doing, but normally the components do not
move and resize, they remain at their position relative to the top and
left edges of their parent. If - as the title of your message suggests -
you misconfigured ChildSizing you should set ChildSizing.Layout to
cclNone (for the Parent), and all controls should be movable again.