[Lazarus] How to move installed component package sources?

[Lazarus] How to move installed component package sources?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I have installed a custom component package on the palette of Lazarus.
Now I realize that I did it the wrong way since the package sources
are inside a project tree of many apps and other things.

I want to have the sources moved to my Lazarus installation into the
config dir below lazarus like for instance packages retrieved from
OLPM are.

Is there a simpler way to redirect Lazarus for the package location or
do I have to this:
- Uninstall the component package
- Rebuild Lazarus without the package
- Install the package based on sources in the right place
- Rebuild Lazarus again to include the package

It takes a really long time to build Lazarus on these machines so I'd
rather not do that if at all possible...
I have Lazarus on several machines (Windows, Linux)...

Re: [Lazarus] How to move installed component package sources?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 21:40:51 +0200
Bo Berglund via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have installed a custom component package on the palette of Lazarus.
> Now I realize that I did it the wrong way since the package sources
> are inside a project tree of many apps and other things.
>
> I want to have the sources moved to my Lazarus installation into the
> config dir below lazarus like for instance packages retrieved from
> OLPM are.
>
> Is there a simpler way to redirect Lazarus for the package location or
> do I have to this:
> - Uninstall the component package
> - Rebuild Lazarus without the package
> - Install the package based on sources in the right place
> - Rebuild Lazarus again to include the package

Skip the second step.

Re: [Lazarus] How to move installed component package sources?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 21:48:04 +0200, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Is there a simpler way to redirect Lazarus for the package location or
>> do I have to this:
>> - Uninstall the component package
>> - Rebuild Lazarus without the package
>> - Install the package based on sources in the right place
>> - Rebuild Lazarus again to include the package
>
>Skip the second step.

Thanks! It worked fine. Only one Lazarus rebuild.

On Fri, 18 Sep 2020, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:

> I have installed a custom component package on the palette of Lazarus.
> Now I realize that I did it the wrong way since the package sources
> are inside a project tree of many apps and other things.
>
> I want to have the sources moved to my Lazarus installation into the
> config dir below lazarus like for instance packages retrieved from
> OLPM are.
>
> Is there a simpler way to redirect Lazarus for the package location or
> do I have to this:
> - Uninstall the component package
> - Rebuild Lazarus without the package
> - Install the package based on sources in the right place
> - Rebuild Lazarus again to include the package
>
> It takes a really long time to build Lazarus on these machines so I'd
> rather not do that if at all possible...
> I have Lazarus on several machines (Windows, Linux)...

AFAIK:

Normally you can just open the package file in its new location.
Next time when the IDE needs to be recompiled it will find the package.

Re: [Lazarus] How to move installed component package sources?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Sat, 19 Sep 2020 09:50:24 +0200 (CEST)
Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Sep 2020, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:
>
> > I have installed a custom component package on the palette of
> > Lazarus. Now I realize that I did it the wrong way since the
> > package sources are inside a project tree of many apps and other
> > things.
> >
> > I want to have the sources moved to my Lazarus installation into the
> > config dir below lazarus like for instance packages retrieved from
> > OLPM are.
> >
> > Is there a simpler way to redirect Lazarus for the package location
> > or do I have to this:
> > - Uninstall the component package
> > - Rebuild Lazarus without the package
> > - Install the package based on sources in the right place
> > - Rebuild Lazarus again to include the package
> >
> > It takes a really long time to build Lazarus on these machines so
> > I'd rather not do that if at all possible...
> > I have Lazarus on several machines (Windows, Linux)...
>
> AFAIK:
>
> Normally you can just open the package file in its new location.
> Next time when the IDE needs to be recompiled it will find the
> package.

If the package name is the same, yes.