[Lazarus] How to install (compile) the GNU Debugger 7.2 for Windows 7 ?

[Lazarus] How to install (compile) the GNU Debugger 7.2 for Windows 7 ?

Peter Williams
Hi All,

I am using Lazarus 0.9.31 on Windows 7 and I need to set a breakpoint and use a debugger. When I set a breakpoint I got a message that there was no debugger. I used the Options / Debugger menu and found that GNU debugger is an option, so I found this site and downloaded it:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/

GDB: The GNU Project Debugger

I have unarchived it to my c: and it appears to just be a lot of C and H files of C language source files. It has make files for Linux.

Does anyone know how to install this for Windows? I don't current have a C compiler installed.

Best Regards,
PEW

Re: [Lazarus] How to install (compile) the GNU Debugger 7.2 for Windows 7 ?

Martin Frb
On 28/02/2011 18:37, Peter Williams wrote:
Hi All,

I am using Lazarus 0.9.31 on Windows 7 and I need to set a breakpoint and use a debugger. When I set a breakpoint I got a message that there was no debugger. I used the Options / Debugger menu and found that GNU debugger is an option, so I found this site and downloaded it:

GDB: The GNU Project Debugger

use the gdb from mingw, it comes as binary. (you do need to find some extra libs though)

Also the lazarus installer (snapshot) comes with gdb 7.2, at least for 32 bit

or go here: http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/binaries
those are the mingw versions that come with the installer