[Lazarus] How to increase the font size of the content of Project Inspector

[Lazarus] How to increase the font size of the content of Project Inspector

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I am getting old and my eyes need to use bigger fonts.
I cannot find the font size option of Project Inspector anywhere in Lazarus. Please help.

Dennis

Re: [Lazarus] How to increase the font size of the content of Project Inspector

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

Hi Dennis, how are you doing?

Maybe the solution you are looking for is found in this path:

    Menu Tools > Options (or Shift + Ctrl + O) > Editor > Show

I believe this is the path in English as my Lazarus is actually in Portuguese.

Good luck!

--
Aurimenes Apolônio Silva
Desenvolvedor de Software

Em 09/01/2019 04:26, Dennis via lazarus escreveu:
I am getting old and my eyes need to use bigger fonts.
I cannot find the font size option of Project Inspector anywhere in Lazarus. Please help.

Dennis

Re: [Lazarus] How to increase the font size of the content of Project Inspector

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
It is
  Tools > Options > Editor > Display
but there you can only adjust the font for code editor. The question
was about Project Inspector.
You cannot adjust the font size for such IDE windows.
You can however use the scaling features of your OS. Then all text in
all application get bigger.

Re: [Lazarus] How to increase the font size of the content of Project Inspector

Re: [Lazarus] How to increase the font size of the content of Project Inspector

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 3:38 PM Anthony Walter via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Try doing this:
> https://cache.getlazarus.org/videos/font-size.mp4

Wow, actually it is a very handy addon!

Re: [Lazarus] How to increase the font size of the content of Project Inspector

Anthony Walter via lazarus wrote:

great! But is "Application Explorer" only available in Lazarus 2.1?
Or is it an package I can install on my current Lazarus 1.9.  Where can I get it?

Dennis

Re: [Lazarus] How to increase the font size of the content of Project Inspector

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Get it from here:

To the Lazarus team, consider adding Application Explorer to trunk/components.

Re: [Lazarus] How to increase the font size of the content of Project Inspector

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Sorry for the late reply.

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 5:42 AM Anthony Walter via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Get it from here:
> https://github.com/sysrpl/Lazarus.AppExplore

The best way is to get it from the Online Package Manager in Lazarus.
I guess Anthony has provided it there.
I tested now with a non-docked IDE and the Application Explorer does
not find my Project Inspector window.
IMO the Help menu is a wrong place for the main menu item. It could be
in View menu as the Code Explorer.

> To the Lazarus team, consider adding Application Explorer to trunk/components.

IMO the Online Package Manager is an ideal way to install such packages.
For an end user it is as simple as installing a local package.
Maintaining the server package is easy, too, I believe.

Re: [Lazarus] How to increase the font size of the content of Project Inspector

Anthony Walter via lazarus wrote:

It is strange that on my Lazarus 2.0 Win64, the search on "project" does not show Project Inspector like your video in Ubuntu

Maybe the App.Explore works differently in win 64 Lazarus. :-(

Dennis

Re: [Lazarus] How to increase the font size of the content of Project Inspector

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
In the event you're having a problem seeing an item, this a brief overview of how the application explorer works.

Application Explorer takes all components owned by the global Application instance and enumerates them recursively. It then presents those components in a tree view, where the child nodes are components owned by the parent component.

So if component is not found by either component name or type name in the search function, then the component you are searching for either has not been created or is not in the ownership chain of the global Application instance,

It may make sense to review the IDE source code and make sure that all forms and the related components they create set the owner argument in their constructor to something other than nil. For both consistency and safety. We don't want to end up with any orphaned components being created. As such the tool under discussion might be helpful for people who work on the IDE so they can correct this issue among other things.