[Lazarus] How to get space before auto-inserted assignment?

[Lazarus] How to get space before auto-inserted assignment?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I am used to having whitespace between names and operators, but
Lazarus insists on putting := directly after a property when it
autocompletes.
So I get Canvas.Brush:=
instead of Canvas.Brush :=
Which is what I want.
It is annoying to get unwanted help which every time has to be
corrected....
Presumably this is an IDE setting, but which?

The editor settings is quite a maze to navigate so I would appreciate
a hint on where to look.
I am using Lazarus 2.0.4 on Windows 7.

Re: [Lazarus] How to get space before auto-inserted assignment?

On 16/08/2019 09:57, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:

> I am used to having whitespace between names and operators, but
> Lazarus insists on putting := directly after a property when it
> autocompletes.
> So I get Canvas.Brush:=
> instead of Canvas.Brush :=
> Which is what I want.
> It is annoying to get unwanted help which every time has to be
> corrected....
> Presumably this is an IDE setting, but which?
>
> The editor settings is quite a maze to navigate so I would appreciate
> a hint on where to look.
> I am using Lazarus 2.0.4 on Windows 7.

Tools->Options dialog

In the treeview select the Codetools node, and Space page

"Insert space in front of" the Symbol checkbox must be checked.

Re: [Lazarus] How to get space before auto-inserted assignment?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 10:22:40 +0100, Howard Page-Clark via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Presumably this is an IDE setting, but which?
>>
>> I am using Lazarus 2.0.4 on Windows 7.
>
>Tools->Options dialog
>
>In the treeview select the Codetools node, and Space page
>
>"Insert space in front of" the Symbol checkbox must be checked.

Thanks! Now much better...