[Lazarus] How to copy specific region of desktop?

[Lazarus] How to copy specific region of desktop?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I wonder if there is a (preferably cross-platform) method to:

1) Select a region of the current desktop by placing a rectangle over it with
the mouse.

2) Copy the part of the desktop within the rectangle as an image to the
clipboard.

If so what functions do I need to accomplish the selection and the copy?

I am using Lazarus 2.0.10 and Fpc 3.2.0 on Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04.5

Re: [Lazarus] How to copy specific region of desktop?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Wed, 03 Feb 2021 00:03:20 +0100, Bo Berglund via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>I wonder if there is a (preferably cross-platform) method to:
>
>1) Select a region of the current desktop by placing a rectangle over it with
>the mouse.
>
>2) Copy the part of the desktop within the rectangle as an image to the
>clipboard.
>
>If so what functions do I need to accomplish the selection and the copy?
>
>I am using Lazarus 2.0.10 and Fpc 3.2.0 on Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04.5

I realized this probably is better handled on the Lazarus *forum* than in the
mail list so I created a thread there. Please respond on the forum if you want
to contribute.

https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=53167

Thanks.