[Lazarus] How to configure Fppkg in IDE startup dialog with FPC 3.2 ?

[Lazarus] How to configure Fppkg in IDE startup dialog with FPC 3.2 ?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
-I deleted FPC 3.0.4 from Linux x64 OS path (/usr/.....)

-Instead installed FPC fixes3.2 via FpcUpDeluxe into ~/fpcupdeluxe/fpc

IDE after recompiling via FPC 3.2 now asks FPPKG path!! in startup
dialog. I cannot solve it. I tried all paths from ~/fpcupdeluxe dir and
tried to press [Create new fppkg cfg] (sometimes this btn is enabled but
gives no result- "fppkg config is corrupt"). Dialog asks me every time.

Alexey

Re: [Lazarus] How to configure Fppkg in IDE startup dialog with FPC 3.2 ?

Am 16.02.2019 um 20:03 schrieb AlexeyT via lazarus:
> -I deleted FPC 3.0.4 from Linux x64 OS path (/usr/.....)
>
> -Instead installed FPC fixes3.2 via FpcUpDeluxe into ~/fpcupdeluxe/fpc
>
> IDE after recompiling via FPC 3.2 now asks FPPKG path!! in startup
> dialog. I cannot solve it. I tried all paths from ~/fpcupdeluxe dir
> and tried to press [Create new fppkg cfg] (sometimes this btn is
> enabled but gives no result- "fppkg config is corrupt"). Dialog asks
> me every time.

Yes, the same for me (Laz trunk / fpc trunk, Win10). The "Create new
fppkg cfg" button always yields for me an error message "Problem with
Fppkg configuration / Failed to create a new Fppkg configuration. You
will have to fix the configuration manually or reinstall Free Pascal."
Clicking on "Start IDE" afterwards, however, starts Lazarus without any
issues.

Op 16-02-19 om 20:03 schreef AlexeyT via lazarus:
> -I deleted FPC 3.0.4 from Linux x64 OS path (/usr/.....)
>
> -Instead installed FPC fixes3.2 via FpcUpDeluxe into ~/fpcupdeluxe/fpc
>
> IDE after recompiling via FPC 3.2 now asks FPPKG path!! in startup
> dialog. I cannot solve it. I tried all paths from ~/fpcupdeluxe dir and
> tried to press [Create new fppkg cfg] (sometimes this btn is enabled but
> gives no result- "fppkg config is corrupt"). Dialog asks me every time.

Then something is wrong with fpcupdeluxe.

First of all it should create the proper configuration-files itself.

And secondly, it does something else which is strange, if the default
config-files generated by Lazarus do not work.

Maybe it is missing the fpmkinst-path? Or the .fpm-files?

Regards,

Joost.

Am 02.03.2019 um 13:32 schrieb Joost van der Sluis via lazarus:
> Then something is wrong with fpcupdeluxe.

If FPC, Lazarus, fpmake all find the correct paths, but fppkg does not, then
this is clearly the installer's fault.
Flawless logic.

Martok

Op 02-03-19 om 15:26 schreef Martok via lazarus:
> Am 02.03.2019 um 13:32 schrieb Joost van der Sluis via lazarus:
>> Then something is wrong with fpcupdeluxe.
>
> If FPC, Lazarus, fpmake all find the correct paths, but fppkg does not, then
> this is clearly the installer's fault.
> Flawless logic.

If you want to know it for sure, you have to do what the error-message
is telling you: re-install fpc. Using an official fpc-release,
offcourse. (https://www.freepascal.org/download.html)

Then we know for sure.

Regards,

Joost.

Am 02.03.2019 um 16:04 schrieb Joost van der Sluis via lazarus:
> If you want to know it for sure, you have to do what the error-message
> is telling you: re-install fpc. Using an official fpc-release,
> offcourse. (https://www.freepascal.org/download.html)

So, I typed and deleted about 5 different replies to this message. In the
interest of not taking up Tomas' (or whoever acts as moderator on this list)
time, you'll get this one:

I wish you all the best, and have fun explaining your concept to whoever ends up
building the Lazarus >2.2 + FPC 3.2 release bundles. Maybe you'll understand
then what we've been trying to tell you for months now.
Good luck.

Martok