[Lazarus] How does Lazarus find SQLite?

Alexander Klenin
It seems the Lazaurs uses SQLite. (For what, btw? just curious)

I'd like to use in in one of the demos for TAChart
(see http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,17636.0.html).

So how does Lazarus find the SQLite library?
On Windows I suppose I can hard-code a path to the dll relative to the
demo directory.
But what about other platforms?

--
Alexander S. Klenin

Re: [Lazarus] How does Lazarus find SQLite?

leledumbo
Administrator
> It seems the Lazaurs uses SQLite. (For what, btw? just curious)

Not at all, except if you install SQLite component.

Windows: anywhere in PATH
*nix: /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib usually, but other places are possible (not really sure about all of them, it may differ one to another)

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 9:52 PM, leledumbo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> It seems the Lazaurs uses SQLite. (For what, btw? just curious)
>
> Not at all, except if you install SQLite component.
>
>> So how does Lazarus find the SQLite library?

You are right. This sounds like a bug in the component, however --
after installation of sqllite3laz package, Lazarus itself fails to
start in there is no DLL in path.
The DLL should be loaded only when the connection is made, similar to
the other databases.

> Windows: anywhere in PATH
> *nix: /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib usually, but other places are possible (not
> really sure about all of them, it may differ one to another)

I see. Based my incorrect conclusion that Lazarus itself uses SQLite I was
hoping to guarantee its presence for the demo.
I'll just write in the demo documentation that it is required :)

--
Alexander S. Klenin

Re: [Lazarus] How does Lazarus find SQLite?

leledumbo
Administrator
> This sounds like a bug in the component

Or by design ;)
Try asking the author, it should be written somewhere in the package files

Re: [Lazarus] How does Lazarus find SQLite?

Mark Morgan Lloyd
Alexander Klenin wrote:

> I see. Based my incorrect conclusion that Lazarus itself uses SQLite I was
> hoping to guarantee its presence for the demo.
> I'll just write in the demo documentation that it is required :)

Applies to any database: has to be installed, and naming/symlinks need
to be correct. I thought that at one time there was a proposal that an
initialisation call should be able to specify a library's exact name.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk

Re: [Lazarus] How does Lazarus find SQLite?

michael.vancanneyt

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> Alexander Klenin wrote:
>
>> I see. Based my incorrect conclusion that Lazarus itself uses SQLite I was
>> hoping to guarantee its presence for the demo.
>> I'll just write in the demo documentation that it is required :)
>
> Applies to any database: has to be installed, and naming/symlinks need to be
> correct. I thought that at one time there was a proposal that an
> initialisation call should be able to specify a library's exact name.

It is so, but a default is used when the library is first needed, if
if was not loaded with an explicitly specified name.

Re: [Lazarus] How does Lazarus find SQLite?

Héctor F. Fiandor Rosario
Dear Mr. Klenin:

I have installed succesfully the SQLite3 and I have done the excersice
covered in the Tutorial01 and Tutorial02.

The tutorial03 don´t work.

I will appreciate very much to know when you will publish the demo
documentation mentioned.

thanks in advance,

Ing. Héctor F. Fiandor Rosario
[hidden email]

> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 9:52 PM, leledumbo <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>> It seems the Lazaurs uses SQLite. (For what, btw? just curious)
>>
>> Not at all, except if you install SQLite component.
>>
>>> So how does Lazarus find the SQLite library?
>
> You are right. This sounds like a bug in the component, however --
> after installation of sqllite3laz package, Lazarus itself fails to
> start in there is no DLL in path.
> The DLL should be loaded only when the connection is made, similar to
> the other databases.
>
>> Windows: anywhere in PATH
>> *nix: /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib usually, but other places are possible
>> (not
>> really sure about all of them, it may differ one to another)
>
> I see. Based my incorrect conclusion that Lazarus itself uses SQLite I was
> hoping to guarantee its presence for the demo.
> I'll just write in the demo documentation that it is required :)
>
> --
> Alexander S. Klenin

Este mensaje le ha llegado mediante el servicio de correo electronico que ofrece Infomed para respaldar el cumplimiento de las misiones del Sistema Nacional de Salud. La persona que envia este correo asume el compromiso de usar el servicio a tales fines y cumplir con las regulaciones establecidas

Infomed: http://www.sld.cu/