[Lazarus] How can I see what has changed in my project?

[Lazarus] How can I see what has changed in my project?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I have Lazarus 2.0.2 from 2019-04-13 x86_64-win64-win32/win64 (from
help/about) on a Windows 7 x64 laptop.

I have opened a project I worked on a few weeks ago in order to check
some implementation detail, then left it sitting untouched for a few
days. As far as I can recall there was no changes made in this
session.

But now Lazarus shows that the FormMain unit (with the main form) has
changed (an * before the name onthe tab and the save buttons enabled).

How can I find out what Lazarus thinks has changed????

I believe nothing was changed, but still Lazarus signals a change.
I have scrolled the source and there is no indication in the left edge
of any change.

I don't want to save an unknown change but if I just forgot what it
was I also do not want to lose a bona-fide edit.
All files on disk are dated July 5 or older.

Re: [Lazarus] How can I see what has changed in my project?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Thu, 01 Aug 2019 08:44:37 +0200
Bo Berglund via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have Lazarus 2.0.2 from 2019-04-13 x86_64-win64-win32/win64 (from
> help/about) on a Windows 7 x64 laptop.
>
> I have opened a project I worked on a few weeks ago in order to check
> some implementation detail, then left it sitting untouched for a few
> days. As far as I can recall there was no changes made in this
> session.
>
> But now Lazarus shows that the FormMain unit (with the main form) has
> changed (an * before the name onthe tab and the save buttons enabled).
>
> How can I find out what Lazarus thinks has changed????

Maybe here:
View / IDE Internals / About IDE / Modified

Re: [Lazarus] How can I see what has changed in my project?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Thu, 1 Aug 2019 09:30:38 +0200, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> How can I find out what Lazarus thinks has changed????
>
>Maybe here:
>View / IDE Internals / About IDE / Modified

Thanks,
I went there and this is what the pane showed:

------------------------
Project.SomethingModified Data
Project.SomethingModified Session
SourceEditorManager.SomethingModified

Project units:
formmain.pas Modified SessionModified
formpasswd.pas SessionModified

Source Editor:
  D:\Engineering\Projects\Subversion\Bosse\VideoPlayer\formmain.pas
Component=False
------------------------

What does this mean?
THere is no reference to a source line...

I probably will make a svn commit before closing the Lazarus IDE and
see what files get changed that are part of the svn project.

Re: [Lazarus] How can I see what has changed in my project?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Thu, 01 Aug 2019 10:35:01 +0200
Bo Berglund via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Aug 2019 09:30:38 +0200, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >> How can I find out what Lazarus thinks has changed????
> >
> >Maybe here:
> >View / IDE Internals / About IDE / Modified
> >

> Thanks,
> I went there and this is what the pane showed:
>
> ------------------------
> Project.SomethingModified Data
> Project.SomethingModified Session
> SourceEditorManager.SomethingModified
>
> Project units:
> formmain.pas Modified SessionModified
> formpasswd.pas SessionModified
>
> Source Editor:
>   D:\Engineering\Projects\Subversion\Bosse\VideoPlayer\formmain.pas
> Component=False
> ------------------------
>
> What does this mean?

"Session" are things like bookmarks and cursor positions. You can
probably ignore that.
"Component=false" means there is no designer form loaded
"formmain.pas Modified" means something in formmain.pas was modified.

Check for any yellow line markers in the source editor indicating an
edit.
Otherwise you may have changed the encoding, or you use some third
party package that stores some data for this unit.

> THere is no reference to a source line...
>
> I probably will make a svn commit before closing the Lazarus IDE and
> see what files get changed that are part of the svn project.

Good idea.

Re: [Lazarus] How can I see what has changed in my project?

You may not have made any changes in your source code. If you just open any saved form and move it (by dragging its title bar and droping elsewhere), the * will be added to the form's name tab, because you changed something: the form position. The same will happen if you move some non-visual components in the form.

You could try this: Go to your folder, select both .pas and .lfm files and copy/paste them. Then go back to Lazaurs, save the "changed" file and compare them using some merging tool like Winmerge.

Aurimenes Apolônio Silva
Desenvolvedor de Software
Fones: (81) 99935-9066 / 4101-5689

Em qui, 1 de ago de 2019 às 03:44, Bo Berglund via lazarus <[hidden email]> escreveu:
[...]

On Thu, 1 Aug 2019 10:58:28 +0200, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> What does this mean?
>
>"formmain.pas Modified" means something in formmain.pas was modified.
>
>Check for any yellow line markers in the source editor indicating an
>edit.

It turns out that the formmain.lfm file had many changes, but it is
not really viewable easily. I made a compare against the previous
revision and lots of component size/position values had changed as
well as the Lazarus version...

In the meantime I had gone from Lazarus 2.0.0 to 2.0.2 and switched
from Lazarus 32 bit to 64 bit.
That might have changed something invisibly in the background...

>> THere is no reference to a source line...
>>
>> I probably will make a svn commit before closing the Lazarus IDE and
>> see what files get changed that are part of the svn project.
>
>Good idea.

Worked fine, I think I am OK now.