[Lazarus] Hints not working - what is wrong?

[Lazarus] Hints not working - what is wrong?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
32 bit Lazarus 2.0.0, Fpc 3.0.4 on Windows 7 x64

I have tried in vain to make hints show up in the GUI of my
application.
I have set the hint strings for TButton, TBitBtn and TSpeedButton
items via Object Inspector in the Lazarus IDE but nothing displays
when I hover the mouse ove these items when running the program.

What am I missing?

Do I need to set some project property to make them appear?
In Delphi simply entering the strings used to cause them to appear in
runtime when the mouse hovers over the controls....

Re: [Lazarus] Hints not working - what is wrong?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 10:13 PM Bo Berglund via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Do I need to set some project property to make them appear?

Set ShowHint to True?
--
Bart

Re: [Lazarus] Hints not working - what is wrong?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Sun, 19 May 2019 22:36:25 +0200, Bart via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 10:13 PM Bo Berglund via lazarus
><[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Do I need to set some project property to make them appear?
>
>Set ShowHint to True?

Thanks,
I found it as a property of the form on which the buttons are placed.
So not a project option.
Now working!