[Lazarus] High DPI ?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

Hello,

I'm running lazarus on a high-dpi laptop. The laptop has a dual-boot Linux
mint and Mac OS. I run Lazarus on both OS-es but I seriously doubt it has
enabled HighDPI, because the icon buttons are still very small.

How can I check that the IDE has actually enabled/activated HDPI and uses
big icons/button images?

Re: [Lazarus] High DPI ?

On 05.08.2017 14:16, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus wrote:
> How can I check that the IDE has actually enabled/activated HDPI and uses
> big icons/button images?

Check for Application.Scaled := True in lazarus.pp. This enables Hi-DPI
features.

---

Another problem could be that the widgetset sends wrong PPI value to
LCL. So check for Screen.PixelsPerInch (96 = 100%). If you build Lazarus
with Gtk2, you could be affected by this WS-bug:
https://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=31199

Ondrej

Re: [Lazarus] High DPI ?

On Sat, 5 Aug 2017, Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus wrote:

> On 05.08.2017 14:16, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus wrote:
>> How can I check that the IDE has actually enabled/activated HDPI and uses
>> big icons/button images?
>
> Check for Application.Scaled := True in lazarus.pp. This enables Hi-DPI
> features.

I know that, I meant more 'how to verify the effects of this setting' :)

Maybe I should have been more clear.

> Another problem could be that the widgetset sends wrong PPI value to
> LCL. So check for Screen.PixelsPerInch (96 = 100%). If you build Lazarus
> with Gtk2, you could be affected by this WS-bug:
> https://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=31199

Thank you for the tip !

Since I have the same setup as the reporter I have applied the patch provided
in this bugreport, and then HighDPI works on Linux.
The buttons and images have a reasonable size, font looks normal...

So, from my point of view, that patch can be applied ASAP :)

Re: [Lazarus] High DPI ?

On 05.08.2017 15:39, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus wrote:
> Since I have the same setup as the reporter I have applied the patch
> provided in this bugreport, and then HighDPI works on Linux.
> The buttons and images have a reasonable size, font looks normal...
>
> So, from my point of view, that patch can be applied ASAP :)

Thanks for the feedback - sometimes it's quite hard to get feedback from
the reporters. I applied the patch.

Ondrej

Re: [Lazarus] High DPI ?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

On Sat, 5 Aug 2017, Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus wrote:

> On 05.08.2017 15:39, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus wrote:
>> Since I have the same setup as the reporter I have applied the patch
>> provided in this bugreport, and then HighDPI works on Linux.
>> The buttons and images have a reasonable size, font looks normal...
>>
>> So, from my point of view, that patch can be applied ASAP :)
>
> Thanks for the feedback - sometimes it's quite hard to get feedback from
> the reporters. I applied the patch.

Thank you, it's a huge improvement !