[Lazarus] Google API Ubuntu exception

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hi, I have a problem. I tried to compile the example for google calendar access and it works correctly on mac os and windows, but when I try to use it on ubuntu I get the following error.

TCalendarList: unsupported array element type

How do I solve?

Lazarus 2.1.0 r62324M FPC 3.2.0 x86_64-linux-gtk2 (Ubuntu 19.10)

Re: [Lazarus] Google API Ubuntu exception

On Mon, 13 Jan 2020, Francesco Sammarco via lazarus wrote:

> Hi, I have a problem. I tried to compile the example for google calendar
> access and it works correctly on mac os and windows, but when I try to use
> it on ubuntu I get the following error.
>
> TCalendarList: unsupported array element type
>
> How do I solve?
>

> Lazarus 2.1.0 r62324M FPC 3.2.0 x86_64-linux-gtk2 (Ubuntu 19.10)

Hm. FPC 3.2.0 is not yet out, how did you get that ? Are you sure it is that
version ?

Re: [Lazarus] Google API Ubuntu exception

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I installed it thanks to fpcupdeluxe

Il lun 13 gen 2020, 22:57 Michael Van Canneyt <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

On Mon, 13 Jan 2020, Francesco Sammarco via lazarus wrote:

> Hi, I have a problem. I tried to compile the example for google calendar
> access and it works correctly on mac os and windows, but when I try to use
> it on ubuntu I get the following error.
>
> TCalendarList: unsupported array element type
>
> How do I solve?
>

> Lazarus 2.1.0 r62324M FPC 3.2.0 x86_64-linux-gtk2 (Ubuntu 19.10)

Hm. FPC 3.2.0 is not yet out, how did you get that ? Are you sure it is that
version ?

Re: [Lazarus] Google API Ubuntu exception

The serializing code is totally independent of the platform.
So somehow there must be a difference in version.

Michael.

On Mon, 13 Jan 2020, Francesco Sammarco wrote:

> I installed it thanks to fpcupdeluxe
>
> Il lun 13 gen 2020, 22:57 Michael Van Canneyt <[hidden email]> ha
> scritto:
>

>> On Mon, 13 Jan 2020, Francesco Sammarco via lazarus wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, I have a problem. I tried to compile the example for google calendar
>>> access and it works correctly on mac os and windows, but when I try to
>> use
>>> it on ubuntu I get the following error.
>>>
>>> TCalendarList: unsupported array element type
>>>
>>> How do I solve?
>>>

>>> Lazarus 2.1.0 r62324M FPC 3.2.0 x86_64-linux-gtk2 (Ubuntu 19.10)
>>
>> Hm. FPC 3.2.0 is not yet out, how did you get that ? Are you sure it is
>> that
>> version ?
>>

>> Michael.

Re: [Lazarus] Google API Ubuntu exception

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
sorry but I don't understand what you mean. did you manage to replicate the problem ?!

Il mar 14 gen 2020, 00:09 Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

Hi,

The serializing code is totally independent of the platform.
So somehow there must be a difference in version.

Michael.

On Mon, 13 Jan 2020, Francesco Sammarco wrote:

> I installed it thanks to fpcupdeluxe
>
> Il lun 13 gen 2020, 22:57 Michael Van Canneyt <[hidden email]> ha
> scritto:
>

>> On Mon, 13 Jan 2020, Francesco Sammarco via lazarus wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, I have a problem. I tried to compile the example for google calendar
>>> access and it works correctly on mac os and windows, but when I try to
>> use
>>> it on ubuntu I get the following error.
>>>
>>> TCalendarList: unsupported array element type
>>>
>>> How do I solve?
>>>

>>> Lazarus 2.1.0 r62324M FPC 3.2.0 x86_64-linux-gtk2 (Ubuntu 19.10)
>>
>> Hm. FPC 3.2.0 is not yet out, how did you get that ? Are you sure it is
>> that
>> version ?
>>

>> Michael.

Re: [Lazarus] Google API Ubuntu exception

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
No solution?

Il giorno mar 14 gen 2020 alle ore 07:27 Francesco Sammarco <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
sorry but I don't understand what you mean. did you manage to replicate the problem ?!

Il mar 14 gen 2020, 00:09 Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

Hi,

The serializing code is totally independent of the platform.
So somehow there must be a difference in version.

Michael.

On Mon, 13 Jan 2020, Francesco Sammarco wrote:

> I installed it thanks to fpcupdeluxe
>
> Il lun 13 gen 2020, 22:57 Michael Van Canneyt <[hidden email]> ha
> scritto:
>

>> On Mon, 13 Jan 2020, Francesco Sammarco via lazarus wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, I have a problem. I tried to compile the example for google calendar
>>> access and it works correctly on mac os and windows, but when I try to
>> use
>>> it on ubuntu I get the following error.
>>>
>>> TCalendarList: unsupported array element type
>>>
>>> How do I solve?
>>>

>>> Lazarus 2.1.0 r62324M FPC 3.2.0 x86_64-linux-gtk2 (Ubuntu 19.10)
>>
>> Hm. FPC 3.2.0 is not yet out, how did you get that ? Are you sure it is
>> that
>> version ?
>>

>> Michael.

Re: [Lazarus] Google API Ubuntu exception

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

Hello,

I had no time to look at this yet.

This is not something tested quickly in 10 minutes.
Maybe I will have time in the weekend.

I repeat: the streaming code is independent of the platform.
So if a version of FPC works on windows and mac, it should work on Linux as
well. I do all my development on Linux, so that platform is actually best
tested.

That is why I suspect your FPC version on linux differs from the one on
Windows/Mac. Without logs or something of the kind, it is hard to tell why
it fails on your machine.

Michael.

On Thu, 16 Jan 2020, Francesco Sammarco wrote:

> No solution?
>
> Il giorno mar 14 gen 2020 alle ore 07:27 Francesco Sammarco <
> [hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
>> sorry but I don't understand what you mean. did you manage to replicate
>> the problem ?!
>>
>> Il mar 14 gen 2020, 00:09 Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus <
>> [hidden email]> ha scritto:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The serializing code is totally independent of the platform.
>>> So somehow there must be a difference in version.
>>>
>>> Michael.

>>> ha

>>> calendar

Re: [Lazarus] Google API Ubuntu exception

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
No problem. I can wait a few days. Can you help me if I send you an email with the screenshot at the time of the exception?

Il giorno gio 16 gen 2020 alle ore 12:38 Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

Hello,

I had no time to look at this yet.

This is not something tested quickly in 10 minutes.
Maybe I will have time in the weekend.

I repeat: the streaming code is independent of the platform.
So if a version of FPC works on windows and mac, it should work on Linux as
well. I do all my development on Linux, so that platform is actually best
tested.

That is why I suspect your FPC version on linux differs from the one on
Windows/Mac. Without logs or something of the kind, it is hard to tell why
it fails on your machine.

Michael.

On Thu, 16 Jan 2020, Francesco Sammarco wrote:

> No solution?
>
> Il giorno mar 14 gen 2020 alle ore 07:27 Francesco Sammarco <
> [hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
>> sorry but I don't understand what you mean. did you manage to replicate
>> the problem ?!
>>
>> Il mar 14 gen 2020, 00:09 Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus <
>> [hidden email]> ha scritto:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The serializing code is totally independent of the platform.
>>> So somehow there must be a difference in version.
>>>
>>> Michael.

>>> ha

>>> calendar

Re: [Lazarus] Google API Ubuntu exception

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

Yes please, any information can help.

The complete compile log would also be useful. If you compile in Lazarus,
in the messages window popup menu, select
"Copy - Copy all/original messages to clipboard"
and send me the resulting log.

Thanks !