[Lazarus] GTK2 app starts faster

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
With last changes (may-june-july 2020) in Laz, CudaText gtk2 starts faster-

before with small window: 220ms, with big window: 330ms (BoundsRect
change was SLOW)

now with small window: 220ms, with big window: 260ms

Alexey

Re: [Lazarus] GTK2 app starts faster

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 3:58 PM AlexeyT via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> With last changes (may-june-july 2020) in Laz, CudaText gtk2 starts faster-
>
> before with small window: 220ms, with big window: 330ms (BoundsRect
> change was SLOW)
>
> now with small window: 220ms, with big window: 260ms

I applied some patches about BoundsRect in GTK2, but I didn't realize
they made such a big speed difference.
Which revision exactly made it?

Note, LCL component registration (TLCLComponent.NewInstance) was also
optimized recently.
It affects all widgetsets and apparently was not the reason for your
faster startup.