[Lazarus] Fugue icons for LHelp?

Juha Manninen
Please give opinions about new proposed icons for LHelp.
See issue :
There is a screenshot.

Re: [Lazarus] Fugue icons for LHelp?

Howard Page-Clark
On 13/05/2015 23:38, Juha Manninen wrote:
> Please give opinions about new proposed icons for LHelp.
> See issue :
>    http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=28072
> There is a screenshot.

I'm perhaps just rather dense - but I don't find any of these icons
enhances my use of LHelp, because I don't know what any of the icons
means, and to me they are not self-explanatory.

Why do any of them have a "?" Does this mean that the content they mark
is incomplete (possible, but unlikely)? Or is it just a generic marker
for "help content" (totally pointless, if that is the case)... or does
it signify something else entirely?

The small triangular chevron icons already indicate when a chapter is
opened/closed. So a second icon to indicate this is redundant, if that
is the case.

When travelling, the better maps I use include a legend somewhere to
explain what each map symbol indicates (in case it is not clear, or not
self-evident). To me, information of that sort is far more important
than which colour(s) are best, a question on which there can be little
objectivity, only a multitude of differing personal preferences.

For someone (like me) with poor eyesight, icons that are subtly
different (e.g. a faint blue question mark as opposed to a very faint
blue question mark) are almost indistinguishable, and rather annoying,
since if I have to rely on identifying the right one to pick (say) the
right line, it gives me a headache.

I wish I could be more positive, and I do genuinely welcome people's
efforts to improve aspects of the user interface. So I'm just trying to
offer honest feedback. Apologies if you wanted this posted on Mantis.

Howard

---

Re: [Lazarus] Fugue icons for LHelp?

leledumbo
Administrator
> Please give opinions about new proposed icons for LHelp.

Here or there?

However, for me, either is fine. The yellow icons are only in the treeview nodes, it would be irritating if yellow is the dominant color. Blue is indeed calmer, but it doesn't make significant differences.

Re: [Lazarus] Fugue icons for LHelp?

Michael Van Canneyt

On Wed, 13 May 2015, leledumbo wrote:

>> Please give opinions about new proposed icons for LHelp.
>
> Here or there?
>
> However, for me, either is fine. The yellow icons are only in the treeview
> nodes, it would be irritating if yellow is the dominant color. Blue is
> indeed calmer, but it doesn't make significant differences.

I prefer a somewhat calmer look for my apps.

I must agree with Howard though, that the meaning of the different icons escapes me totally.