[Lazarus] FormClose

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hi:

I recently have read a message where an object was created in the
FormCreate and was freed in the formClose.  What if the form is not
freed? I think that the the natural place to free objects created in
formCreate is FormDestroy.
In fact, I usually follow this pairs
Created in FormCreate, freed in FormDestroy
Created in FormActivate, freed in FormDeactivate
Created in FormShow, freed in FormHide

I seldom use formClose, just to change the default closeAction.  I can't
see what else is formClose for. Do you use it form any other case?

--
Saludos

Santiago A.

Re: [Lazarus] FormClose

vojtech.cihak

Hi,

FormClose is opposite to FormShow. The use-case is a modal form which exists always (i.e. is autocreated when app. starts and is freed when app. end).

You can call ShowModal, create some objects in FormShow and free them in FormClose.

V.