[Lazarus] Fixing of SDL.PAS under WINCE

Robin Hoo
Hi, All

I'm doing some development of WINCE stuff with sdl. And I found the original SDL.PAS is not supported WINCE for the sdl_env put and get functions very well. I spending sometime to correct the sdl.pas, and enclosed it the attachment. I don't how to submit it to the development team, so I write this mail to the one who cares about it. Looking forward to getting it working in next snapshot. Thanks

Best Regards

Robin Hoo

sdl.zip (44K) Download Attachment

Re: [Lazarus] Fixing of SDL.PAS under WINCE

Peter Williams
Hi Robin,

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 12:25:06 +0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [Lazarus] Fixing of SDL.PAS under WINCE

>Hi, All

>I'm doing some development of WINCE stuff with sdl. And I found the original SDL.PAS is not supported WINCE for the sdl_env put and get functions very well. I spending sometime to correct the sdl.pas, and enclosed it the attachment. I don't how to submit it to the development team, so I write this mail to the one who cares about it. Looking forward to getting it working in next snapshot. Thanks

I tested your version of SDL.pas with my JEDI SDL v1.3 and found that I am missing some of the DLLs.

JEDISDLAliens.dpr

project1.exe - System Error

The program can't start because SDL.dll is missing from your computer.
Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I then found SDL.dll in another software folder. Now my demo app (JEDISDLAliens.dpr) complains about not finding SDL_Image.dll.

? How many dll's are there for the Jedi SDL project and what is the correct folder to place these dll's in (for Windows 7) ? Also what is the download location for them?

>Best Regards

>Robin Hoo

Best Regards,
PEW

Re: [Lazarus] Fixing of SDL.PAS under WINCE

Robin Hoo
Hi, Peter

First of all it's working with SDL 1.2, and I'm not sure if it's working for 1.3. And the sdl.dll/sdl_image.dll should be ready when you try to run your program. It's out of the discussion of my mail. You could download the wince build from internet or compile by your self with the source code from sdl. Thanks for your testing anyway.

Best Regards
Robin Hoo

2011/3/23 Peter Williams <[hidden email]>
Hi Robin,

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 12:25:06 +0800
From: robin.hoo.cn@gmail.com
To: [hidden email]

>Hi, All

>I'm doing some development of WINCE stuff with sdl. And I found the original SDL.PAS is not supported WINCE for the sdl_env put and get functions very well. I spending sometime to correct the sdl.pas, and enclosed it the attachment. I don't how to submit it to the development team, so I write this mail to the one who cares about it. Looking forward to getting it working in next snapshot. Thanks

I tested your version of SDL.pas with my JEDI SDL v1.3 and found that I am missing some of the DLLs.

JEDISDLAliens.dpr

project1.exe - System Error

The program can't start because SDL.dll is missing from your computer.
Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I then found SDL.dll in another software folder. Now my demo app (JEDISDLAliens.dpr) complains about not finding SDL_Image.dll.

? How many dll's are there for the Jedi SDL project and what is the correct folder to place these dll's in (for Windows 7) ? Also what is the download location for them?

>Best Regards

>Robin Hoo

Best Regards,
PEW