[Lazarus] FileUtil.FindAllFiles - case-sensitive on Unix

[Lazarus] FileUtil.FindAllFiles - case-sensitive on Unix

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
procedure FindAllFiles(AList: TStrings; const SearchPath: String;

    Searcher.Search(SearchPath, SearchMask, SearchSubDirs);

Here we miss parameter "CaseSensitive=False". So on Linux it is False
and function does case-insens search. It is slower! Why not to add param
True for Unix. Not sure about macOS.

Alexey

Re: [Lazarus] FileUtil.FindAllFiles - case-sensitive on Unix

On Mon, 21 Sep 2020, AlexeyT via lazarus wrote:

> procedure FindAllFiles(AList: TStrings; const SearchPath: String;
>
> ?? Searcher.Search(SearchPath, SearchMask, SearchSubDirs);
>
> Here we miss parameter "CaseSensitive=False". So on Linux it is False
> and function does case-insens search. It is slower! Why not to add param
> True for Unix. Not sure about macOS.

Did you try setting the list to case sensitive ?

Re: [Lazarus] FileUtil.FindAllFiles - case-sensitive on Unix

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 12:12 AM AlexeyT via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here we miss parameter "CaseSensitive=False". So on Linux it is False
> and function does case-insens search. It is slower! Why not to add param
> True for Unix. Not sure about macOS.

Please discuss this further in the bugreport you opened (see my comments there).
No need to discuss this in several places at the same time.

--
Bart