[Lazarus] FPC deb

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

Hi, I want to try Lazarus RC and as  usually i was trying to install the package FPC 3.0.2 deb but failed because offline an old FPC in the Mint lmde repos, is there a way ti solve this?
TIA
Salvatore
Inviato tramite il client di Posta WPS

Re: [Lazarus] FPC deb

On Thursday, June 15, 2017, coppolastudio via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, I want to try Lazarus RC and as  usually i was trying to install the package FPC 3.0.2 deb but failed because offline an old FPC in the Mint lmde repos, is there a way ti solve this?

The one from Mint repos must be uninstalled first obviously.
Mint had some extra problems with FPC / Lazarus .deb packages, I don't remember details.
A certain way to install FPC is to use the project's script. Then get Lazarus from fixes_1_8 branch and build.

Another good way is to use a rolling distro which has the latest version of FPC. No hassle. Recommended!

Re: [Lazarus] FPC deb

On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 16:27:36 +0200
coppolastudio via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, I want to try Lazarus RC and as  usually i was trying to install the package FPC 3.0.2 deb but failed because offline an old FPC in the Mint lmde repos, is there a way ti solve this?

Do you have an error message?

Re: [Lazarus] FPC deb

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Yes, FPC break existing package: fpc ()

Inviato tramite il client di Posta WPS
Il 15/giu/2017 16:44, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

On Thu, 15 Jun <a href="tel:201716">2017 16:27:36 +0200
coppolastudio via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, I want to try Lazarus RC and as  usually i was trying to install the package FPC 3.0.2 deb but failed because offline an old FPC in the Mint lmde repos, is there a way ti solve this?

Do you have an error message?

Re: [Lazarus] FPC deb

On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 16:27:36 +0200
coppolastudio via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, I want to try Lazarus RC and as  usually i was trying to install the package FPC 3.0.2 deb but failed because offline an old FPC in the Mint lmde repos, is there a way ti solve this?

You might try fpc 3.0.3 from Lazarus 1.8RC2.

Re: [Lazarus] FPC deb

On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 16:27:36 +0200
coppolastudio via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, I want to try Lazarus RC and as  usually i was trying to install the package FPC 3.0.2 deb but failed because offline an old FPC in the Mint lmde repos, is there a way ti solve this?

You might try fpc 3.0.3 from Lazarus 1.8RC2.

Already done, I don't think is related with your fpc package, I will ask on mint forum