[Lazarus] FPC 3.2.0RC1 released!

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hello,

We have placed the first release candidate of the Free Pascal Compiler
version 3.2.0 on our ftp servers.

You can help improve the upcoming 3.2.0 release by downloading and
testing this release. If you want you can report what you have done here:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Testers_3.2.0 or in the maillist.

Changes that may break backwards compatibility will be documented at:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/User_Changes_3.2.0

Downloads are available at the main FTP server,

ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/beta/3.2.0-rc1/

Enjoy!

The Free Pascal Compiler Team

For an overview of what is new see

https://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_New_Features_3.2

Re: [Lazarus] FPC 3.2.0RC1 released!

On 3/29/2020 11:18 AM, Marco van de Voort via lazarus wrote:

> Changes that may break backwards compatibility will be documented at:
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/User_Changes_3.2.0
> There is currently no text in this page.

So there are NO changes that break backwards compatibility?

Ralf

On Sun, 29 Mar 2020, Ralf Quint via lazarus wrote:

> On 3/29/2020 11:18 AM, Marco van de Voort via lazarus wrote:
>>
>> Changes that may break backwards compatibility will be documented at:
>> http://wiki.freepascal.org/User_Changes_3.2.0
>> There is currently no text in this page.
>
> So there are NO changes that break backwards compatibility?

There was a typo in the URL:

https://wiki.freepascal.org/User_Changes_3.2

On 3/29/2020 2:11 PM, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Mar 2020, Ralf Quint via lazarus wrote:
>
>> On 3/29/2020 11:18 AM, Marco van de Voort via lazarus wrote:
>>>
>>> Changes that may break backwards compatibility will be documented at:
>>> http://wiki.freepascal.org/User_Changes_3.2.0 There is currently no
>>> text in this page.
>>
>> So there are NO changes that break backwards compatibility?
>
> There was a typo in the URL:
>
> https://wiki.freepascal.org/User_Changes_3.2

Ok, thanks, that looks a bit different. Was getting my hopes up for a
moment... ;-)

Ralf

On 29/03/2020 20:18, Marco van de Voort via lazarus wrote:
You can help improve the upcoming 3.2.0 release by downloading and
testing this release.

For anyone looking to test those with Lazarus on Windows.
I have build Lazarus installers for
 - Lazarus 2.1 (trunk) + FPC 3.2rc1
 - Lazarus 2.0.7 (fixes 2.0) + FPC 3.2rc1

https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-snapshots/files/

Those installers
- offer the option of a 2ndary install. So your main install will not be affected.
- are otherwise untested (not installed them myself to verify that the installed files work)
- contain a "lazarus build" of FPC RC1. That is, like all releases, the included FPC is not downloaded from FPC, but build from SVN (in this case from the 3.2RC1 tag).

On 3/29/2020 3:02 PM, Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:
On 29/03/2020 20:18, Marco van de Voort via lazarus wrote:
You can help improve the upcoming 3.2.0 release by downloading and
testing this release.

For anyone looking to test those with Lazarus on Windows.
I have build Lazarus installers for
 - Lazarus 2.1 (trunk) + FPC 3.2rc1

Thanks Martin, I will give this version a try, as I am using the current quarantine time to work on a couple of Lazarus based applications.

Ralf

Re: [Lazarus] FPC 3.2.0RC1 released!

I am mostly interested in fixing CudaText on freebsd 12, see all posts

https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=fpc-pascal%40lists.freepascal.org&q=freebsd+directoryexists&x=0&y=0

Please. I didn't get confirm msgs, so no issue in bug tracker.