[Lazarus] Extended filter for Code Completion

[Lazarus] Extended filter for Code Completion

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I applied the patch from here:
It looks good to me.
Please test everybody. Does it have negative side-effects of some kind?

Re: [Lazarus] Extended filter for Code Completion

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
patch makes red hilite of current ID in the listbox. Can you tell how to
make listbox 2x-3x wider? it's narrow.
> Please test everybody. Does it have negative side-effects of some kind?

Alexey

Re: [Lazarus] Extended filter for Code Completion

vojtech.cihak

It can be resized by mouse, by the small handle in bottom-rigth corner.

V.

> Od: AlexeyT via Lazarus <[hidden email]>
> Komu: Juha Manninen via Lazarus <[hidden email]>
> Datum: 08.01.2018 19:30
> Předmět: Re: [Lazarus] Extended filter for Code Completion

patch makes red hilite of current ID in the listbox. Can you tell how to
make listbox 2x-3x wider? it's narrow.
> Please test everybody. Does it have negative side-effects of some kind?

Alexey

Re: [Lazarus] Extended filter for Code Completion

This feature is awesome! Works perfect so far, even with unit names.

It was on my wishlist since Lazarus 0.9 days.

Denis

On 08/01/2018 17:55, Juha Manninen via Lazarus wrote:
> I applied the patch from here:
>   https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=32974
> It looks good to me.
> Please test everybody. Does it have negative side-effects of some kind?
>
> Juha

Re: [Lazarus] Extended filter for Code Completion

On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 19:55:11 +0200
Juha Manninen via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I applied the patch from here:
>  https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=32974
> It looks good to me.
> Please test everybody. Does it have negative side-effects of some kind?

The name ExtendedFilter sounds as if it gives more options.

Instead it adds identifiers that contains the identifier, behind the
usual list of identifiers that starts with the identifiers. What would
be a good name for this option?
"AddContainsPrefix" or (not) "OnlyBeginsWithPrefix"?

Re: [Lazarus] Extended filter for Code Completion

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 8:44 PM, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> "AddContainsPrefix" or (not) "OnlyBeginsWithPrefix"?

Or "IncludeContainsPrefix"?
The GUI checkbox caption would be "Include items containing typed text".
Or something ...

Re: [Lazarus] Extended filter for Code Completion

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I renamed variable names and improved the GUI text in r57072.
Now it says: "Include identifiers containing prefix".
Please test.

On 09.01.2018 0:55, Juha Manninen via Lazarus wrote:
I applied the patch from here:
It looks good to me.
Please test everybody. Does it have negative side-effects of some kind?

The highlight color of the keyword is hard coded and it doesn't change for selected item meaning I can hardly read the selected item.

A second question: why are the settings in "Editor -> Completion and hints" page of IDE options and not "Codetools -> Identifier completion" ?

Ondrej

On 17.01.2018 13:00, Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus wrote:
> On 09.01.2018 0:55, Juha Manninen via Lazarus wrote:
>> I applied the patch from here:
>>   https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=32974
>> It looks good to me.
>> Please test everybody. Does it have negative side-effects of some kind?
>
> The highlight color of the keyword is hard coded and it doesn't change
> for selected item meaning I can hardly read the selected item.

I fixed this by myself in r57105.

Ondrej

Re: [Lazarus] Extended filter for Code Completion

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 9:23 AM, Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I fixed this by myself in r57105.

Thanks.

See also
which I marked as related to

Re: [Lazarus] Extended filter for Code Completion

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Ondrej, please check my fix in r57109.

On 17.01.2018 22:35, Juha Manninen via Lazarus wrote:
> Ondrej, please check my fix in r57109.

Yeap, thanks.

Ondrej