[Lazarus] Error when compile LCL for WinCE/ARM

[Lazarus] Error when compile LCL for WinCE/ARM

Zaher Dirkey
I have this error when compile lcl for wince, i used last svn #29402
-------------
Compiling registerlcl.pas
Fatal: Can't find unit LazarusPackageIntf used by RegisterLCL
Fatal: Compilation aborted
make[1]: *** [alllclunits.ppu] Error 1
-------------

the command line for compile is

make clean lcl LCL_PLATFORM=wince CPU_TARGET=arm OS_TARGET=wince

Thanks

Zaher Dirkey

Re: [Lazarus] Error when compile LCL for WinCE/ARM

Mattias Gaertner

Zaher Dirkey <[hidden email]> hat am 6. Februar 2011 um 12:51 geschrieben:

I have this error when compile lcl for wince, i used last svn #29402
-------------
Compiling registerlcl.pas
Fatal: Can't find unit LazarusPackageIntf used by RegisterLCL
Fatal: Compilation aborted
make[1]: *** [alllclunits.ppu] Error 1
-------------

the command line for compile is

Use

make clean packager/registration lcl LCL_PLATFORM=wince CPU_TARGET=arm OS_TARGET=wince
Or use the IDE or lazbuild to compile your project. It will automatically compile the LCL if needed.

Re: [Lazarus] Error when compile LCL for WinCE/ARM

Vincent Snijders
2011/2/6 Zaher Dirkey <[hidden email]>:

> I have this error when compile lcl for wince, i used last svn #29402
> -------------
> Compiling registerlcl.pas
> Fatal: Can't find unit LazarusPackageIntf used by RegisterLCL
> Fatal: Compilation aborted
> make[1]: *** [alllclunits.ppu] Error 1
> -------------
>
> the command line for compile is
>
> make clean lcl LCL_PLATFORM=wince CPU_TARGET=arm OS_TARGET=wince

You need to compile the package registration first. See also:
http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/tools/install/win/build-cross.bat?root=lazarus&r1=29291&r2=29290&pathrev=29291

Vincent

2011/2/6 Mattias Gaertner <[hidden email]>

Zaher Dirkey <[hidden email]> hat am 6. Februar 2011 um 12:51 geschrieben:

I have this error when compile lcl for wince, i used last svn #29402
-------------
Compiling registerlcl.pas
Fatal: Can't find unit LazarusPackageIntf used by RegisterLCL
Fatal: Compilation aborted
make[1]: *** [alllclunits.ppu] Error 1
-------------

the command line for compile is

Use

make clean packager/registration lcl LCL_PLATFORM=wince CPU_TARGET=arm OS_TARGET=wince

Thanks you all compiler worked fine.

About Compile LCL if needed, is that mean i can modify the LCL units then run it will compile and take my changes?

2011/2/7 Mattias Gaertner <[hidden email]>

Zaher Dirkey <[hidden email]> hat am 7. Februar 2011 um 15:17 geschrieben:

2011/2/6 Mattias Gaertner <[hidden email]>

[...]the command line for compile is

Use

make clean packager/registration lcl LCL_PLATFORM=wince CPU_TARGET=arm OS_TARGET=wince

Thanks you all compiler worked fine.

About Compile LCL if needed, is that mean i can modify the LCL units then run it will compile and take my changes?
Yes.

Good :) , can we make that for our components packages?.

--
Zaher Dirkey

Re: [Lazarus] Error when compile LCL for WinCE/ARM

Mattias Gaertner

Zaher Dirkey <[hidden email]> hat am 7. Februar 2011 um 16:05 geschrieben:

2011/2/7 Mattias Gaertner <[hidden email]>

Zaher Dirkey <[hidden email]> hat am 7. Februar 2011 um 15:17 geschrieben:

2011/2/6 Mattias Gaertner <[hidden email]>

[...]the command line for compile is

Use

make clean packager/registration lcl LCL_PLATFORM=wince CPU_TARGET=arm OS_TARGET=wince

Thanks you all compiler worked fine.

About Compile LCL if needed, is that mean i can modify the LCL units then run it will compile and take my changes?
Yes.

Good :) , can we make that for our components packages?.

I'm not sure what you mean. Normal packages were always built automatically, unless you set the package to compile manually. The IDE checks all source files listed in the package editor. If one of them is newer than the packagename.compiled file the package is automatically compiled.

The LCL was not a normal package, so it was not compiled automatically. Now it is a normal package and is compiled automatically when needed.

[...]

That the answer what i want, i understand it in short, the package recompiled if need when i run the project depend on it?
My mistake understand built automatically mean when i build packages/ide that depend on this package.

Thanks

Zaher Dirkey

Re: [Lazarus] Error when compile LCL for WinCE/ARM

Michael Schnell
On 02/07/2011 05:24 PM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> Now it is a normal package and is compiled automatically when needed.
I suppose this means that the recompilation of the LCL automatically is
done when the IDE is recompiled and thus the changed visual components'
design-time behavior is updated.

I potential problem might be that if the IDE is not recompiled after an
LCL update, the design-time and the runtime behavior of the visual
components is not in sync.

-Michael

Re: [Lazarus] Error when compile LCL for WinCE/ARM

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Michael Schnell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I potential problem might be that if the IDE is not recompiled after an LCL
> update, the design-time and the runtime behavior of the visual components is
> not in sync.

That's good when developing the LCL. One doesn't need to recompile the
entire IDE just to test changes in the LCL.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho