[Lazarus] Error: Identifier not found "FileExistsUTF8"

[Lazarus] Error: Identifier not found "FileExistsUTF8"

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Good day Folks,

I got a program that was coded with lazarus 16.x using fpc 2.7.

Now I have installed lazarus 1.9 with fpc 3.1.1

During compiled process, I receieved an Error: Identifier not found
"FileExistsUTF8"

The function FileExistsUTF8 in the fileUtil it is depreciated?

Please how to I resolve this?

Thanks

Re: [Lazarus] Error: Identifier not found "FileExistsUTF8"

On 05/22/2017 10:41 AM, Eric Kom via Lazarus wrote:

> Good day Folks,
>
> I got a program that was coded with lazarus 16.x using fpc 2.7.
>
> Now I have installed lazarus 1.9 with fpc 3.1.1
>
> During compiled process, I receieved an Error: Identifier not found
> "FileExistsUTF8"
>
> The function FileExistsUTF8 in the fileUtil it is depreciated?

Yes

> Please how to I resolve this?

Add lazutils package to your project, add LazFileUtils unit instead of
FileUtils.

zeljko

Re: [Lazarus] Error: Identifier not found "FileExistsUTF8"

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Mon, 22 May 2017 10:47:49 +0200
zeljko via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 05/22/2017 10:41 AM, Eric Kom via Lazarus wrote:
> > Good day Folks,
> >
> > I got a program that was coded with lazarus 16.x using fpc 2.7.
> >
> > Now I have installed lazarus 1.9 with fpc 3.1.1
> >
> > During compiled process, I receieved an Error: Identifier not found
> > "FileExistsUTF8"
> >
> > The function FileExistsUTF8 in the fileUtil it is depreciated?
>
> Yes
>
> > Please how to I resolve this?
>
> Add lazutils package to your project, add LazFileUtils unit instead of
> FileUtils.

Note: You don't need to add package LazUtils to the project. If your
code used FileExistsUTF8 you already have it directly or indirectly.

On 22/05/2017 10:47, zeljko via Lazarus wrote:

> On 05/22/2017 10:41 AM, Eric Kom via Lazarus wrote:
>> Good day Folks,
>>
>> I got a program that was coded with lazarus 16.x using fpc 2.7.
>>
>> Now I have installed lazarus 1.9 with fpc 3.1.1
>>
>> During compiled process, I receieved an Error: Identifier not found
>> "FileExistsUTF8"
>>
>> The function FileExistsUTF8 in the fileUtil it is depreciated?
>
> Yes
>
>> Please how to I resolve this?
>
> Add lazutils package to your project, add LazFileUtils unit instead of
> FileUtils.
Instructed, and work fine.
Thanks