[Lazarus] Does fsStayOnTop not work for forms on Linux?

[Lazarus] Does fsStayOnTop not work for forms on Linux?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Is this property just a Windows feature?

I am trying to make a tool to locate a section on screen by adjusting the form
size and reading left, top, width, height of the form.
But as soon as I click the underlying application my form disappears even though
it is set to stay on top.

Is this a problem with Ubuntu Mate 20.04?

Is there a way to make the form internal transparent so that one can see the
underlying area while adjusting? I can do this on Windows but via calls to
Windows API:s...

Re: [Lazarus] Does fsStayOnTop not work for forms on Linux?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
> Is this property just a Windows feature?

Certainly no, as it works on my Manjaro KDE, both fsStayOnTop and
fsSystemStayOnTop.

> Is this a problem with Ubuntu Mate 20.04?

Could be, I don't use Mate and not all DEs are created equal (KDE also has
its own quirks regarding stay on top, but LCL implementation works).

--
Sent from: http://free-pascal-lazarus.989080.n3.nabble.com/