[Lazarus] Did the executable output path change?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
18 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Lazarus] Did the executable output path change?

Dejan Boras
In r29190 the executables were output to the same directory as the project file if given a target file name in options. Now (r29435) the executable file is output into the unit output directory, regardless if a target file name is set or not. Creating a new project makes no change. Why the change, and how to modify this behavior?

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Did the executable output path change?

Thomas Gatliff
Can you send the compiler options you are using?  You can copy them by going to Project -> Compiler Options -> Show Options (Button)

2011/2/10 Dejan Boras <[hidden email]>
In r29190 the executables were output to the same directory as the project file if given a target file name in options. Now (r29435) the executable file is output into the unit output directory, regardless if a target file name is set or not. Creating a new project makes no change. Why the change, and how to modify this behavior?

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus



--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Did the executable output path change?

Dejan Boras
In reply to this post by Dejan Boras
The options are as below:

 -MObjFPC -Scghi -O1 -gl -vewnhi -l -FiC:\Programming\dbxpas\oX\tests\lib\i386-win32 -Fu..\units -Fu..\..\app\units -Fu..\..\app\units\keys -Fu..\..\Units\Common -Fu..\units\gl -Fu..\units\render -Fu..\units\win -Fu. -FUlib\i386-win32\ -FElib\i386-win32\ -otest.exe

From: Thomas Gatliff <[hidden email]>
To: Dejan Boras <[hidden email]>; Lazarus mailing list <[hidden email]>
Cc:
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 12:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Lazarus] Did the executable output path change?

Can you send the compiler options you are using?  You can copy them by going to Project -> Compiler Options -> Show Options (Button)

2011/2/10 Dejan Boras <[hidden email]>
In r29190 the executables were output to the same directory as the project file if given a target file name in options. Now (r29435) the executable file is output into the unit output directory, regardless if a target file name is set or not. Creating a new project makes no change. Why the change, and how to modify this behavior?

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus





--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Did the executable output path change?

Mattias Gaertner
In reply to this post by Dejan Boras
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 14:55:08 -0800 (PST)
Dejan Boras <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In r29190 the executables were output to the same directory as the project file if given a target file name in options. Now (r29435) the executable file is output into the unit output directory, regardless if a target file name is set or not. Creating a new project makes no change. Why the change, and how to modify this behavior?

This was fixed in 29453.

Mattias

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Did the executable output path change?

Hans-Peter Diettrich
In reply to this post by Dejan Boras
Dejan Boras schrieb:

Can you please stop sending HTML messages? The selected font size is so
small that I cannot read your message. Sending plain text is sufficient
and leaves no room for such problems.

Thanks
   DoDi


--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Did the executable output path change?

Bo Berglund
On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:02:15 +0100, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>Dejan Boras schrieb:
>
>Can you please stop sending HTML messages? The selected font size is so
>small that I cannot read your message. Sending plain text is sufficient
>and leaves no room for such problems.
>
One of the advantages of following this list via the GMane news relay
(news.gmane.org group: gmane.comp.ide.lazarus.general) is that the
message bodies are plaintext. :-)

--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden


--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Did the executable output path change?

Hans-Peter Diettrich
Bo Berglund schrieb:

> One of the advantages of following this list via the GMane news relay
> (news.gmane.org group: gmane.comp.ide.lazarus.general) is that the
> message bodies are plaintext. :-)

This doesn't help any contributor, when I simply disregard his
unpleasant messages - be for HTML format or full quotes.

He who wants to be heard (by me) must follow *my* rules :-]

DoDi

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Did the executable output path change?

Andreas Schneider
 On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 14:18:28 +0100, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> Bo Berglund schrieb:
>
>> One of the advantages of following this list via the GMane news
>> relay
>> (news.gmane.org group: gmane.comp.ide.lazarus.general) is that the
>> message bodies are plaintext. :-)
>
> This doesn't help any contributor, when I simply disregard his
> unpleasant messages - be for HTML format or full quotes.
>
> He who wants to be heard (by me) must follow *my* rules :-]
>
> DoDi

 Yeah, but it's not your list and you aren't the only one who reads it.

 Just saying .... because what you wrote sounds pretty egocentric.

 P.S.: Both of my eMail frontends (The Bat! and Roundcube) had no
 problems
 rendering the eMail at a readable size, so I guess: time for you to get
 a
 proper mail client ;-)

 SCNR

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Did the executable output path change?

Marco van de Voort
On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 02:27:55PM +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
>  Just saying .... because what you wrote sounds pretty egocentric.
>
>  P.S.: Both of my eMail frontends (The Bat! and Roundcube) had no problems
>  rendering the eMail at a readable size, so I guess: time for you to get a
>  proper mail client ;-)

I've a problem with it with the latest version of my email-client (ELM), so
I would like to see it go too!

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Did the executable output path change?

Andreas Schneider
 On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 14:34:19 +0100, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> I've a problem with it with the latest version of my email-client
> (ELM), so
> I would like to see it go too!

 Fair enough, but I guess it should probably be forbidden by mailman
 (which, afaik, offers filtering). So it's up to the mailinglist owner.

 (I wouldn't mind a text-only policy, but currently that isn't in place,
 so if - for whatever reason - I can't read/open/comprehend a mail, I
 just ignore it.)

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Did the executable output path change?

Hans-Peter Diettrich
In reply to this post by Andreas Schneider
Andreas Schneider schrieb:

>> He who wants to be heard (by me) must follow *my* rules :-]
>
> Yeah, but it's not your list and you aren't the only one who reads it.
>
> Just saying .... because what you wrote sounds pretty egocentric.

Yes, I'm egocentric when somebody asks for my assistance ;-)

> P.S.: Both of my eMail frontends (The Bat! and Roundcube) had no problems
> rendering the eMail at a readable size, so I guess: time for you to get a
> proper mail client ;-)

No, my "filter" allows me to quickly skip over contributions from users,
that do not understand the use of a mailing list or newsgroup, or use
inappropriate eMail software. My experience from decades of mail and
news usage (you remember MAUS net?) tells me that it's not worth
bothering with certain kinds or styles of messages and contributors. A
bit of according education will make life easier to *all* participators
- see Netiquette.

> SCNR

Granted ;-)

DoDi


--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Did the executable output path change?

Dejan Boras
I am sorry for this, uhm, problem. I was using the Yahoo! web interface
at the time to write my mail. Now that I am home, I adjusted my mail
client to send only text to the Lazarus list, which I hope will solve
any problems. I will make sure to send text only when I'm at work.
Thanks to Hans-Peter for pointing this out.

On 11.2.2011 15:01, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> Andreas Schneider schrieb:
>
>>> He who wants to be heard (by me) must follow *my* rules :-]
>>
>> Yeah, but it's not your list and you aren't the only one who reads it.
>>
>> Just saying .... because what you wrote sounds pretty egocentric.
>
> Yes, I'm egocentric when somebody asks for my assistance ;-)
>
>> P.S.: Both of my eMail frontends (The Bat! and Roundcube) had no
>> problems
>> rendering the eMail at a readable size, so I guess: time for you to
>> get a
>> proper mail client ;-)
>
> No, my "filter" allows me to quickly skip over contributions from
> users, that do not understand the use of a mailing list or newsgroup,
> or use inappropriate eMail software. My experience from decades of
> mail and news usage (you remember MAUS net?) tells me that it's not
> worth bothering with certain kinds or styles of messages and
> contributors. A bit of according education will make life easier to
> *all* participators - see Netiquette.
>
>> SCNR
>
> Granted ;-)
>
> DoDi
>
>
> --
> _______________________________________________
> Lazarus mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
>


--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Did the executable output path change?

wkitty42
In reply to this post by Hans-Peter Diettrich
On 2/11/2011 06:02, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Dejan Boras schrieb:
>
> Can you please stop sending HTML messages? The selected font size is so small
> that I cannot read your message. Sending plain text is sufficient and leaves no
> room for such problems.

i went back and looked and dejan's posts are arriving here as multipart posts
with a plain/text section... is your reader selecting the HTML portion over the
plain/text one??

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Did the executable output path change?

Hans-Peter Diettrich
waldo kitty schrieb:

> i went back and looked and dejan's posts are arriving here as multipart
> posts with a plain/text section... is your reader selecting the HTML
> portion over the plain/text one??

Many thanks for this hint :-)

It was not easy, but I could find a mailnews_prefer_plaintext option,
that was disbled by default. After changing this option I see the
original message in plain text. All that after using this software for
so many years... <sigh>

Please excuse my ignorance and inappropriate rant, everybody :-(

DoDi


--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Did the executable output path change?

Graeme Geldenhuys
In reply to this post by Andreas Schneider
Op 2011-02-11 15:27, Andreas Schneider het geskryf:
>>
>> He who wants to be heard (by me) must follow *my* rules :-]
>
> Yeah, but it's not your list and you aren't the only one who reads it.
>
> Just saying .... because what you wrote sounds pretty egocentric.


Where is the list moderator/maintainer now?  HTML email is NOT allowed
in the mailing list as for as I know. This is a general rule for 99% of
all mailing lists out there. So I would like to see such message gone
too - irrespective if my email client can or cannot read such messages.

So same goes for quoting messages. It just peeves me when somebody
quotes 30-50+ lines, then only adds a one line reply!

Moderator, please do what you were assigned/volunteered to do!


Regards,
  - Graeme -

--
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/


--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Did the executable output path change?

Graeme Geldenhuys
In reply to this post by Andreas Schneider
Op 2011-02-11 15:46, Andreas Schneider het geskryf:
>
> Fair enough, but I guess it should probably be forbidden by mailman
> (which, afaik, offers filtering). So it's up to the mailinglist owner.

These are the rules for most mailing lists....

  http://lists.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal

Yes, that one relates to fpc-pascal, but I would have expected the same
rules for the lazarus mailing list too. It's common rules/etiquette that
should be known by all.



Regards,
  - Graeme -

--
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/


--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Did the executable output path change?

Vincent Snijders
In reply to this post by Graeme Geldenhuys
2011/2/14 Graeme Geldenhuys <[hidden email]>:

> Op 2011-02-11 15:27, Andreas Schneider het geskryf:
>>>
>>> He who wants to be heard (by me) must follow *my* rules :-]
>>
>> Yeah, but it's not your list and you aren't the only one who reads it.
>>
>> Just saying .... because what you wrote sounds pretty egocentric.
>
>
> Where is the list moderator/maintainer now?  HTML email is NOT allowed
> in the mailing list as for as I know.

I choose not to respond in this thread.
It is not forbidden to write HTML mails, I agree is it not wise,
because less people can read it.

Vincent

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Did the executable output path change?

Graeme Geldenhuys
Op 2011-02-14 10:40, Vincent Snijders het geskryf:
> It is not forbidden to write HTML mails, I agree is it not wise,
> because less people can read it.

OK, could you maybe create a Lazarus mailing list etiquette page like
what was done for fpc-pascal as shown below. This could include
attachment size limit, preferred mail format, quote size etc. This
information could be very useful to new mailing list subscribers.

  http://lists.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal



Regards,
  - Graeme -

--
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/


--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus