[Lazarus] Debugging fpc sources

Leonardo M. Ramé
Hi, I'm trying to use THTMLReader/THTMLDocument to parse an HTML file.
As I can't find info on how to use them, I'm trying to step by step
debug to figure out how this stuff works, but those files are from FPC
sources, and the debugger can't step into their methods.

Does anyone knows how can I debug FPC packages?.

--
Leonardo M. Ramé
http://leonardorame.blogspot.com

Re: [Lazarus] Debugging fpc sources

wkitty42
On 2/24/2011 14:27, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to use THTMLReader/THTMLDocument to parse an HTML file.
> As I can't find info on how to use them, I'm trying to step by step
> debug to figure out how this stuff works, but those files are from FPC
> sources, and the debugger can't step into their methods.
>
> Does anyone knows how can I debug FPC packages?.

unless i'm mistaken, you have to (re)compile FPC with all the debugging info you
want/need...

Re: [Lazarus] Debugging fpc sources

Graeme Geldenhuys
Op 2011-02-24 21:49, waldo kitty het geskryf:
>> Does anyone knows how can I debug FPC packages?.
>
> unless i'm mistaken, you have to (re)compile FPC with all the debugging
> info you want/need...

No, I don't think so. Those mentioned units are part of FCL, so only the
FCL (or even only the related package in FCL) would need to be
recompiled with DEBUG info enabled. No need to recompile the whole FPC.

To enable debug information you need to pass the -dDEBUG to the make
command. eg:

  cd <fpc-src>/packages/fcl-xml
  make clean
  make OPT=-dDEBUG
  make install

Regards,
  - Graeme -

On 2011-02-25 08:50:49 +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> To enable debug information you need to pass the -dDEBUG to the make
> command. eg:
>

>   cd <fpc-src>/packages/fcl-xml
>   make clean
>   make OPT=-dDEBUG