[Lazarus] Customizing Lazarus IDE, some items hard to find...

[Lazarus] Customizing Lazarus IDE, some items hard to find...

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I am used to a certain style of code formatting including coloring
etc.
Now I am strugglking again to find where one sets these items...

It is not obvious to me but I know I have gotten advice before but I
cannot find it again.

So: when a property of an item is completed the IDE puts =; after the
item. Like so:
TS.Active:=;

The 3 last chars are entered by Lazarus when I select the Active word
in the drop-down that appears.

I want it to look like this inmstead:

TS.Active := ;

So I want to have a space both before and after :=
How can that be done?

The closest I get is Options/CodeTools/Space
But no matter if I check or uncheck the box before "Colon" there is no
space added.

Where can I locate this setting (the working one)?

Re: [Lazarus] Customizing Lazarus IDE, some items hard to find...

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 14:04:33 +0100
Bo Berglund via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am used to a certain style of code formatting including coloring
> etc.
> Now I am strugglking again to find where one sets these items...
>
> It is not obvious to me but I know I have gotten advice before but I
> cannot find it again.
>
> So: when a property of an item is completed the IDE puts =; after the
> item. Like so:
> TS.Active:=;
>
> The 3 last chars are entered by Lazarus when I select the Active word
> in the drop-down that appears.
>
> I want it to look like this inmstead:
>
> TS.Active := ;
>
> So I want to have a space both before and after :=
> How can that be done?
>
> The closest I get is Options/CodeTools/Space
> But no matter if I check or uncheck the box before "Colon" there is no
> space added.

Insert space before "Symbol".
":" and ":=" are different tokens.

> Where can I locate this setting (the working one)?

Re: [Lazarus] Customizing Lazarus IDE, some items hard to find...

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 14:21:51 +0100, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> So I want to have a space both before and after :=
>> How can that be done?
>>
>> The closest I get is Options/CodeTools/Space
>> But no matter if I check or uncheck the box before "Colon" there is no
>> space added.
>
>Insert space before "Symbol".
>":" and ":=" are different tokens.
>

>> Where can I locate this setting (the working one)?

So "Symbol" is a generic term in this case?
It solved the problem when completing the call to a method of the
object. :)

I removed the add space before Comma and Semicolon too.
Now working much better!
Thanks!