[Lazarus] Custom options

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hello,

What is the purpose of the 'all options' button in the 'custom options' page
of the project compiler options ?

It shows a treeview with what I assume are all available compiler options,
and the treeview has checkboxes.

I would expect that checking an option would enter it in the 'custom options' page.

Instead, nothing happens. If I open the dialog twice, then the second time,
the options which I have checked, are no longer checked the second time.

Is this a bug ? I'm using a stock lazarus 2.0.6 on MacOS.

Re: [Lazarus] Custom options

On 20/12/2019 13:31, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus wrote:

> Hello,
>
> What is the purpose of the 'all options' button in the 'custom
> options' page
> of the project compiler options ?
>
> It shows a treeview with what I assume are all available compiler
> options, and the treeview has checkboxes.
>
> I would expect that checking an option would enter it in the 'custom
> options' page.
It should.

It does for me, Lazarus trunk, fpc 3.0.4, tested with "-al"

Re: [Lazarus] Custom options

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019, Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:

> On 20/12/2019 13:31, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> What is the purpose of the 'all options' button in the 'custom
>> options' page
>> of the project compiler options ?
>>
>> It shows a treeview with what I assume are all available compiler
>> options, and the treeview has checkboxes.
>>
>> I would expect that checking an option would enter it in the 'custom
>> options' page.
> It should.

I suspected this :-)

> It does for me, Lazarus trunk, fpc 3.0.4, tested with "-al"

What OS are you using ?

Re: [Lazarus] Custom options

On 20/12/2019 14:18, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus wrote:

>> It does for me, Lazarus trunk, fpc 3.0.4, tested with "-al"
>
> What OS are you using ?

Win 10 64 bit

Re: [Lazarus] Custom options

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019, Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:

> On 20/12/2019 14:18, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus wrote:
>>

>>> It does for me, Lazarus trunk, fpc 3.0.4, tested with "-al"
>>
>> What OS are you using ?
>
> Win 10 64 bit

Hm. I tested on Linux, there it works too.

Probably an issue with the treeview checkbox on MacOS then...
But since carbon is end-of-life I suppose it will not get fixed :(

Re: [Lazarus] Custom options

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 13:31:35 +0100 (CET)
Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

>[...]
> Is this a bug ? I'm using a stock lazarus 2.0.6 on MacOS.

It works with trunk under macOS Cocoa. Maybe bug is only in 2.0.6.

Re: [Lazarus] Custom options

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 13:31:35 +0100 (CET)
> Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> Is this a bug ? I'm using a stock lazarus 2.0.6 on MacOS.
>
> It works with trunk under macOS Cocoa. Maybe bug is only in 2.0.6.

Or in the carbon widgetset.