[Lazarus] Cross-compile Linux -> Win fails in win32lclintf.inc

[Lazarus] Cross-compile Linux -> Win fails in win32lclintf.inc

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
For some time now i have had the problem on my linux install that
crosscompiling Lazarus trunk from linux -> win32 (also win64) fails with
this error:

win32lclintf.inc(123,7) Error: Identifier not found "SameStr"

Is anyone else getting this error also?

I'm using:
Lazarus 1.9.0 r58010 FPC 3.0.0 x86_64-linux-gtk2

Best regards,
Torsten

Re: [Lazarus] Cross-compile Linux -> Win fails in win32lclintf.inc

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
SameStr was introduced in FPC 3.0.2.

I'm pretty sure Lazarus trunk requires 3.0.4 anyway? Where was that documented,
again?

Martok

On 2018-05-23 15:35, Martok via Lazarus wrote:
> SameStr was introduced in FPC 3.0.2.
>
> I'm pretty sure Lazarus trunk requires 3.0.4 anyway? Where was that documented,
> again?

That may very well be the case... i haven't been paying close attention
to any notes in that regards.

Can a core Lazarus developer confirm whether it IS required to fpc 3.0.4
or if the above is considered a bug?

On 23.05.2018 21:07, Torsten Bonde Christiansen via Lazarus wrote:

> On 2018-05-23 15:35, Martok via Lazarus wrote:
>> SameStr was introduced in FPC 3.0.2.
>>
>> I'm pretty sure Lazarus trunk requires 3.0.4 anyway? Where was that
>> documented,
>> again?
>>
> That may very well be the case... i haven't been paying close
> attention to any notes in that regards.
>
> Can a core Lazarus developer confirm whether it IS required to fpc
> 3.0.4 or if the above is considered a bug?

The rule is: Lazarus supports at least the 2 latest stable FPC versions.
This means 3.0.4 and 3.0.2 currently. I don't know where this rule is
documented.

IIRC, there was an exception in this rule - we kept support for FPC
2.6.4 in Lazarus 1.8, but FPC 2.6.x support was dropped with 1.9.

Ondrej

Re: [Lazarus] Cross-compile Linux -> Win fails in win32lclintf.inc

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Wed, 23 May 2018 21:17:10 +0200
Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

>[...]
> The rule is: Lazarus supports at least the 2 latest stable FPC versions.
> This means 3.0.4 and 3.0.2 currently.

And trunk - when possible.

> I don't know where this rule is documented.

It's not documented, since this depends on the FPC release.
Supporting last two versions makes migrating to the new version easier.
Supporting more than two depends on the amount of IFDEFs and
the community.
FPC 3 introduced a big incompatibility, so we tried to support 2.6.4
longer.

On 2018-05-23 21:54, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus wrote:
> On Wed, 23 May 2018 21:17:10 +0200
> Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> The rule is: Lazarus supports at least the 2 latest stable FPC versions.
>> This means 3.0.4 and 3.0.2 currently.
> And trunk - when possible.

Okay, thanks.

I guess it is time to update FPC then... :)

-Torsten.