[Lazarus] Control's default Height and AutoSize

[Lazarus] Control's default Height and AutoSize

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hi All,

I have three machines. One physical with Windows 10 (1703) and two
virtual, one with Ubuntu Server 14.04.1 + KDE4 and Qt4 and one with RHEL
7.5 + KDE4 and Qt4. Start a new project with trunk (57932), drop a TEdit
on Form1 and change it's font to Droid Sans Mono Regular 10. With
Windows the TEdit's original Height is 23, after font change 23 too.
With Ubuntu 23 and 25, with RHEL 22 and 23. Why is the difference and
what it's source?

Gabor

Re: [Lazarus] Control's default Height and AutoSize

On 05/14/2018 01:40 PM, Gabor Boros via Lazarus wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have three machines. One physical with Windows 10 (1703) and two
> virtual, one with Ubuntu Server 14.04.1 + KDE4 and Qt4 and one with RHEL
> 7.5 + KDE4 and Qt4. Start a new project with trunk (57932), drop a TEdit
> on Form1 and change it's font to Droid Sans Mono Regular 10. With
> Windows the TEdit's original Height is 23, after font change 23 too.
> With Ubuntu 23 and 25, with RHEL 22 and 23. Why is the difference and
> what it's source?

Default TEdit height (autosize=true) depends on Qt4 theme. Some themes,
eg KDE breeze from fedora 26 gives 28 px which is taken from the current
desktop environment, but eg -style windows it's size is 23.

zeljko

2018. 05. 14. 14:33 keltezéssel, zeljko írta:
> Default TEdit height (autosize=true) depends on Qt4 theme. Some themes,
> eg KDE breeze from fedora 26 gives 28 px which is taken from the current
> desktop environment, but eg -style windows it's size is 23.

Thank you! After read your answer I realized RHEL use it's own RHEL7
named theme not the default Oxygen.

Gabor