[Lazarus] Conflict "Makefile.compiled" in some components packages

[Lazarus] Conflict "Makefile.compiled" in some components packages

Zaher Dirkey
I use svn update then it give me the file Makefile.compiled is conflicted.
I think Makefile.compiled have to be ignored file.

Thanks in advance.

Zaher Dirkey

Re: [Lazarus] Conflict "Makefile.compiled" in some components packages

Mattias Gaertner

Zaher Dirkey <[hidden email]> hat am 7. Februar 2011 um 15:20 geschrieben:

I use svn update then it give me the file Makefile.compiled is conflicted.
I think Makefile.compiled have to be ignored file.

No. It is used. It was outdated. I updated it.

2011/2/7 Mattias Gaertner <[hidden email]>

Zaher Dirkey <[hidden email]> hat am 7. Februar 2011 um 15:20 geschrieben:

I use svn update then it give me the file Makefile.compiled is conflicted.
I think Makefile.compiled have to be ignored file.

No. It is used. It was outdated. I updated it.
Mattias

I revert this files, but when install components package this files changed after.

i do itafter i made "svn update", "Make clean bigide" in command line , then install component in IDE.

--
Zaher Dirkey

Re: [Lazarus] Conflict "Makefile.compiled" in some components packages

Mattias Gaertner

Zaher Dirkey <[hidden email]> hat am 7. Februar 2011 um 16:04 geschrieben:

2011/2/7 Mattias Gaertner <[hidden email]>

Zaher Dirkey <[hidden email]> hat am 7. Februar 2011 um 15:20 geschrieben:

I use svn update then it give me the file Makefile.compiled is conflicted.
I think Makefile.compiled have to be ignored file.

No. It is used. It was outdated. I updated it.
Mattias

I revert this files, but when install components package this files changed after.

i do itafter i made "svn update", "Make clean bigide" in command line , then install component in IDE.

What Makefile.compiled files are changed?

Maybe I forgot one.

Re: [Lazarus] Conflict "Makefile.compiled" in some components packages

Zaher Dirkey
2011/2/7 Mattias Gaertner <[hidden email]>

Zaher Dirkey <[hidden email]> hat am 7. Februar 2011 um 16:04 geschrieben:

2011/2/7 Mattias Gaertner <[hidden email]>

Zaher Dirkey <[hidden email]> hat am 7. Februar 2011 um 15:20 geschrieben:

I use svn update then it give me the file Makefile.compiled is conflicted.
I think Makefile.compiled have to be ignored file.

No. It is used. It was outdated. I updated it.
Mattias

I revert this files, but when install components package this files changed after.

i do itafter i made "svn update", "Make clean bigide" in command line , then install component in IDE.

What Makefile.compiled files are changed?

Maybe I forgot one.

The changed file

components/fpcunit/ide/Makefile.compiled
components/memds/Makefile.compiled
components/printers/design/Makefile.compiled
components/printers/Makefile.compiled
components/projecttemplates/Makefile.compiled
components/rtticontrols/Makefile.compiled
components/sdf/Makefile.compiled
components/sqldb/Makefile.compiled
components/tachart/Makefile.compiled
components/tdbf/Makefile.compiled
components/turbopower_ipro/Makefile.compiled

I am not modified the units of this packages.

--
Zaher Dirkey

Re: [Lazarus] Conflict "Makefile.compiled" in some components packages

Maxim Ganetsky
07.02.2011 23:27, Zaher Dirkey пишет:

> 2011/2/7 Mattias Gaertner <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>

>     Zaher Dirkey <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> hat am
>     7. Februar 2011 um 16:04 geschrieben:
>

>>     2011/2/7 Mattias Gaertner <[hidden email]
>>     <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>

>>         Zaher Dirkey <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>         hat am 7. Februar 2011 um 15:20 geschrieben:
>>

>>>         I use svn update then it give me the file Makefile.compiled
>>>         is conflicted.
>>>         I think Makefile.compiled have to be ignored file.
>>
>>         No. It is used. It was outdated. I updated it.
>>         Mattias
>>

>>     I revert this files, but when install components package this
>>     files changed after.
>>
>>     i do itafter i made "svn update", "Make clean bigide" in command
>>     line , then install component in IDE.
>
>     What Makefile.compiled files are changed?
>
>     Maybe I forgot one.
>

> The changed file
>
> components/fpcunit/ide/Makefile.compiled
> components/memds/Makefile.compiled
> components/printers/design/Makefile.compiled
> components/printers/Makefile.compiled
> components/projecttemplates/Makefile.compiled
> components/rtticontrols/Makefile.compiled
> components/sdf/Makefile.compiled
> components/sqldb/Makefile.compiled
> components/tachart/Makefile.compiled
> components/tdbf/Makefile.compiled
> components/turbopower_ipro/Makefile.compiled
>
> I am not modified the units of this packages.
IDE changes slashes in these files. See attachment. I think it happens
if Makefile.compiled was generated and committed in Linux/Unix and then
Lazarus is recompiled on Windows.

--
Best regards,
  Maxim Ganetsky                  mailto:[hidden email]

compiled.diff (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [Lazarus] Conflict "Makefile.compiled" in some components packages

Mattias Gaertner

Maxim Ganetsky <[hidden email]> hat am 7. Februar 2011 um 22:47 geschrieben:

>[...]
> IDE changes slashes in these files. See attachment. I think it happens
> if Makefile.compiled was generated and committed in Linux/Unix and then
> Lazarus is recompiled on Windows.
Fixed in svn.

08.02.2011 2:06, Mattias Gaertner пишет:
> Maxim Ganetsky <[hidden email]> hat am 7. Februar 2011 um 22:47
> geschrieben:
>
>  >[...]
>  > IDE changes slashes in these files. See attachment. I think it happens
>  > if Makefile.compiled was generated and committed in Linux/Unix and then
>  > Lazarus is recompiled on Windows.
> Fixed in svn.

Already tested. :)
Works ok, thanks.

--
Best regards,
  Maxim Ganetsky                  mailto:[hidden email]

Re: [Lazarus] Conflict "Makefile.compiled" in some components packages

Alexander Klenin
2011/2/8 Mattias Gaertner <[hidden email]>:

> Zaher Dirkey <[hidden email]> hat am 7. Februar 2011 um 15:20
> geschrieben:
>
> I use svn update then it give me the file Makefile.compiled is conflicted.
> I think Makefile.compiled have to be ignored file.
>
> No. It is used. It was outdated. I updated it.

Can you elaborate? It is generally wrong to version-control
auto-generated files, and I wonder what is the reason.

--
Alexander S. Klenin

Re: [Lazarus] Conflict "Makefile.compiled" in some components packages

Mattias Gaertner

Alexander Klenin <[hidden email]> hat am 8. Februar 2011 um 00:44 geschrieben:

> 2011/2/8 Mattias Gaertner <[hidden email]>:
> >

> > Zaher Dirkey <[hidden email]> hat am 7. Februar 2011 um 15:20
> > geschrieben:
> >
> > I use svn update then it give me the file Makefile.compiled is conflicted.
> > I think Makefile.compiled have to be ignored file.
> >
> > No. It is used. It was outdated. I updated it.
>
> Can you elaborate? It is generally wrong to version-control
> auto-generated files, and I wonder what is the reason.

The files are generated by the IDE and needed by the Makefiles. The Makefiles can not auto generate them themselves.

I guess we can disable the auto generating of Makefiles for packages in the lazarus sources. OTOH without the auto the bug would have been spotted much later - maybe too late. A wrong Makefile.compiled will result in unneeded recompiles of the binary installed lazarus.