[Lazarus] Compiler errors

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I am compiling my project in i386 mode (on an x64 system)

I receive the following error (abridged) related to cross compiling as
works ok as 64bit compile

Compile Project, Mode: Lin-Intel-32, CPU: i386, Target: LxAazLMA: Exit
code 256, Errors: 1, Warnings: 55, Hints: 204
Error: Error while linking

Are there any logs created by Laz/fpc that would help find what is
missing / wrong with my cross compile load ?

Thanks - SteveG

Re: [Lazarus] Compiler errors

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Take a look at "View / Messages" windows where in the last few lines you
will see the cause. For example missing libraries or such.

Use the context menu of Messages window to filter (show or hide) some
kind of messages....

--
Péter Gábor

Re: [Lazarus] Compiler errors

On 05/12/2017 10:20 PM, Péter Gábor via Lazarus wrote:

> Take a look at "View / Messages" windows where in the last few lines you
> will see the cause. For example missing libraries or such.
>
> Use the context menu of Messages window to filter (show or hide) some
> kind of messages....

>> I am compiling my project in i386 mode (on an x64 system)
>>
>> I receive the following error (abridged) related to cross compiling as
>> works ok as 64bit compile
>>
>> Compile Project, Mode: Lin-Intel-32, CPU: i386, Target: LxAazLMA: Exit
>> code 256, Errors: 1, Warnings: 55, Hints: 204
>> Error: Error while linking
>>
>> Are there any logs created by Laz/fpc that would help find what is
>> missing / wrong with my cross compile load ?
>>
>> Thanks - SteveG

Thanks Peter -
the total info available in the msgs window is

Exit code 256, Errors: 1
Error: Error while linking

Hoping to to find a log file from the linker as to what it was trying to
do - still looking

Re: [Lazarus] Compiler errors

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
It seems that you have hidden the messages (hints, warnings, errors, etc.).
Check the -v (verbosity) option in your fpc.cfg (or .fpc.cfg on Linux)
and your Project/Compiler options (Verbosity of course) in the IDE.

--
Péter Gábor

Re: [Lazarus] Compiler errors

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Thanks.

Have now included 'show all' in Lazarus, just need to find where/which
fpc.cfg is used/created when using FpcupDeluxe (which is a really handy
piece of programming on somebodys part).