[Lazarus] Compile error

Paul Parkyn
Hello,
I have been trying to compile lazarus from svn, as I have tried a number
of times I am using "make clean all" the process fails when calling the
resource compiler for lazarus.or.

lazarus.pp(132,1) Error: Can't call the resource compiler "/usr/bin/fpcres",
switching to external mode
lazarus.pp(132,1) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: Compilation aborted
make[2]: *** [lazarus] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/paul/Laztrunk/ide'
make[1]: *** [ide] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/paul/Laztrunk/ide'
make: *** [ide] Error 2

The fpcres program is in the /usr/bin directory and is executable by
everyone, lazarus.or is in the proper Unit directory and the majority of
the files have updated time stamps.

My system is a Toshiba Laptop, OS is Mandriva 2010.2, FPC 2.4.2.

I have tried as home user, and root, but get the same result.
Has anyone else had this problem and solved it?

Thanks  Paul

Re: [Lazarus] Compile error

Joost van der Sluis
On Fri, 2011-02-11 at 14:02 +1300, Paul Parkyn wrote:
> Hello,
> I have been trying to compile lazarus from svn, as I have tried a number
> of times I am using "make clean all" the process fails when calling the
> resource compiler for lazarus.or.

> lazarus.pp(132,1) Error: Can't call the resource compiler "/usr/bin/fpcres",
> switching to external mode

> The fpcres program is in the /usr/bin directory and is executable by
> everyone, lazarus.or is in the proper Unit directory and the majority of
> the files have updated time stamps.

You will not only get this error if it can not run fpcres, but also if
the execution of fpcres failes. Problem is that it doesn't show fpcres's
output. You could try to call it yourself and see what the problem is.

If you look carefully at the 'make all' output, you can see what the
last exact command was to compile lazarus.pp. Copy-paste that command
and add the '-va' parameter. Then check the output for more clues why
fpcres doesn't work.

Joost.

Re: [Lazarus] Compile error

Paul Parkyn
On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 17:45 +0100, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-02-11 at 14:02 +1300, Paul Parkyn wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I have been trying to compile lazarus from svn, as I have tried a number
> > of times I am using "make clean all" the process fails when calling the
> > resource compiler for lazarus.or.
>
> > lazarus.pp(132,1) Error: Can't call the resource compiler "/usr/bin/fpcres",
> > switching to external mode

Thank you Joost, I found the problem, it was a old problem that had been
fixed previously, the svn2revisioninc file was not set as executable.

Regards Paul.