[Lazarus] Change in source editor behaviour ?

[Lazarus] Change in source editor behaviour ?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

Hello,

I just updated my Lazarus - after quite some time (I was at 52983)
to the latest SVN version (54501).

It seems the editor behaviour regarding selection has changed.
In a *major* annoying way, I might add.

Before the update, if I stood at the start of a line, and did shift-down,
the first line would be selected, including newline.
Which is exactly what I wanted and what I always used:
shift-down to select a line, copy to clipboard and then paste somewhere.

After the update, when I do this, the first line is selected, and the second
line (where the cursor is after shift-down) as well.
With as a result that I can no longer select a single line with newline!!

Is this intentional and if so, can this new behaviour be reverted - or at least
made optional ? it is *extremely* annoying, I have no words for it
(and if I had they would be really, really expletive).

It's IMHO also bad policy to change the behaviour of an editor in such a
major way without at least notifying people (as far as I can see, there is
nothing in the WIKI about this)

Re: [Lazarus] Change in source editor behaviour ?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

Hello,

Sorry about the noise.

By searching the keyboard shortcuts I found

'line selection mode',

which was mapped to CTRL-K, L.
AFAIK this combination was previously mapped (in my settings)
to 'select current line'. (to verify, I checked the settings
in 'joe', which is configured using the same keys as Lazarus...)

I seem to have activated this inadvertently after the update ?

Strange. Once more, sorry about the noise.

Always happens.
After you send a mail, you stumble on the solution of the problem...

Michael.

Am 30.03.2017 um 22:44 schrieb Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus:

> Hello,
>
> I just updated my Lazarus - after quite some time (I was at 52983)
> to the latest SVN version (54501).
>
> It seems the editor behaviour regarding selection has changed. In a
> *major* annoying way, I might add.
>
> Before the update, if I stood at the start of a line, and did shift-down,
> the first line would be selected, including newline. Which is exactly
> what I wanted and what I always used: shift-down to select a line,
> copy to clipboard and then paste somewhere.
>
> After the update, when I do this, the first line is selected, and the
> second
> line (where the cursor is after shift-down) as well. With as a result
> that I can no longer select a single line with newline!!
>
> Is this intentional and if so, can this new behaviour be reverted - or
> at least
> made optional ? it is *extremely* annoying, I have no words for it
> (and if I had they would be really, really expletive).
>
> It's IMHO also bad policy to change the behaviour of an editor in such a
> major way without at least notifying people (as far as I can see,
> there is
> nothing in the WIKI about this)
>
> Michael.

I had this too, and it took me quite a while to find out: this is the
line selection mode which I must have activated accidentally. Working in
classic keyboard scheme this happens with CTRL-KL. Since I never knew
the key short cut to turn it off again I removed this key mapping, and
since then, I have not seen it again.

Re: [Lazarus] Change in source editor behaviour ?

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 5:58 PM, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]
Always happens. After you send a mail, you stumble on the solution of the problem...

This has happened to me too. :-)

--
Silvio Cl├ęcio

On 2017-03-30 22:21, silvioprog via Lazarus wrote:
> This has happened to me too. :-)

And to me. I removed the key mapping to get rid of the problem.

Regards,
  Graeme