[Lazarus] Cannot add components to FPWebModule anymore

[Lazarus] Cannot add components to FPWebModule anymore

Reimar Grabowski
Hi,

I just updated to revision 46998 (Ubuntu 14.04 AMD64) and I cannot add components to an FPWebModule anymore.
I tried this with an existing and a new project (the existing one already had some sqldb components on it but I could not add new ones).
As form editing works I can create a new form, put my component there, then cut-paste via Object Inspector to the FPWebModule and afterwards remove the unneeded form (so at least there is a workaround).
I tried different compiler versions 2.6.4 and 2.7.1 and a new Lazarus checkout from SVN with a new config dir but it did not help.

R.

Re: [Lazarus] Cannot add components to FPWebModule anymore

Juha Manninen
I have broken it with my changes related to palette reordering.
I try to find out what happens and fix it ASAP.

Re: [Lazarus] Cannot add components to FPWebModule anymore

Mattias Gaertner
On Fri, 28 Nov 2014 10:16:54 +0200
Juha Manninen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have broken it with my changes related to palette reordering.
> I try to find out what happens and fix it ASAP.

Maybe related?

Re: [Lazarus] Cannot add components to FPWebModule anymore

Juha Manninen
On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 12:53 PM, Mattias Gaertner
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Maybe related?

Yes. See my comment there.

I was already hopefull I get this feature finished gracefully, but
then again this unexpected setback happened. It is quite typical.
However based on earlier experiences this one also gets solved in the end.

Re: [Lazarus] Cannot add components to FPWebModule anymore

Mattias Gaertner
On Fri, 28 Nov 2014 17:14:56 +0200
Juha Manninen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 12:53 PM, Mattias Gaertner
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Maybe related?
> > http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=27103
>
> Yes. See my comment there.
>
> I was already hopefull I get this feature finished gracefully, but
> then again this unexpected setback happened. It is quite typical.
> However based on earlier experiences this one also gets solved in the end.

About "TComponentPalette.ActivePageChanged gets called furiously":
Maybe recreating all pages all the time has some drawbacks.

Re: [Lazarus] Cannot add components to FPWebModule anymore

leledumbo
Administrator
Juha Manninen wrote
Do you know the "safe" revision, i.e. the one before your first commit to this feature? I want to test a design time package that makes use of data module.

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 9:01 PM, leledumbo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Do you know the "safe" revision, i.e. the one before your first commit to
> this feature? I want to test a design time package that makes use of data
> module.

First commit was r46828,  IDE: Partly implement component palette reordering.
from over 2 weeks ago, 12 Nov.
Just tested with the previous r46827 and it works. (Needs a clean
rebuild for other reasons.)

rebuild for other reasons.)
Confirmed, thanks :)

Re: [Lazarus] Cannot add components to FPWebModule anymore

Juha Manninen
Trunk works again although it will still need optimization.