[Lazarus] Can Lazarus 1.8 import Delphi XE5 project from dproj file?

[Lazarus] Can Lazarus 1.8 import Delphi XE5 project from dproj file?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I am checking if it is possible to convert a few projects from Delphi
XE5 to FPC/Lazarus.

The first such project (the simplest of the set) uses just standard
Delphi functions and is designed for Win32 only, It is defined in a
dproj file so now I wonder if Lazarus is able to import a D-XE5
project using the dproj file, or do I have to create a new blank
Lazarus project and manually copy over the file list into the Lazarus
project file? If so what is the proper project settings for such?

Apart from standard Delphi stuff there are a few simple components we
have used, for example to implement logging functions. But then there
is also a software protection dongle component which uses calls to a
dongle driver. We have written the component code ourselves but it
uses an obj file from the dongle maker to implement the driver calls.
Can such an obj file be integrated into a Win32 Lazarus/Fpc project?

And how can I tell Lazarus not to try to build a 64 bit program?
I installed Lazarus/FPC from a downloaded installer instead of
building from sources as I always do on Linux.
Turns out that what is built are 64 bit programs. Is there a way to
tell it to build 32 bit instead? I have never before cross-compiled
anything using FPC if this is what is needed...

Re: [Lazarus] Can Lazarus 1.8 import Delphi XE5 project from dproj file?

On 08.06.2018 10:31, Bo Berglund via Lazarus wrote:
> And how can I tell Lazarus not to try to build a 64 bit program?

If you want to go the simple way, install the 32bit Lazarus installer.

Ondrej

Re: [Lazarus] Can Lazarus 1.8 import Delphi XE5 project from dproj file?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Fri, 8 Jun 2018 10:32:57 +0200, Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>On 08.06.2018 10:31, Bo Berglund via Lazarus wrote:
>> And how can I tell Lazarus not to try to build a 64 bit program?
>
>If you want to go the simple way, install the 32bit Lazarus installer.
>
>Ondrej

Can I have both at the same time, i.e. c:\programs\Lazarus1.8
(existing, 64 bit) and c:\programs\Lazarus1.8_32?

I am assuming that the dongle obj file will not work in a 64 bit
lazarus program, right? THe obj is rather old and predates the 64 bit
Windows.

On 08.06.2018 10:39, Bo Berglund via Lazarus wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Jun 2018 10:32:57 +0200, Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 08.06.2018 10:31, Bo Berglund via Lazarus wrote:
>>> And how can I tell Lazarus not to try to build a 64 bit program?
>> If you want to go the simple way, install the 32bit Lazarus installer.
>>
>> Ondrej
> Can I have both at the same time, i.e. c:\programs\Lazarus1.8
> (existing, 64 bit) and c:\programs\Lazarus1.8_32?

Yes, of course. But if you want to build both 64bit and 32bit programs,
you'll be better off with a cross compiling solution.

Ondrej

Re: [Lazarus] Can Lazarus 1.8 import Delphi XE5 project from dproj file?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Fri, 8 Jun 2018 10:44:11 +0200, Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>Yes, of course. But if you want to build both 64bit and 32bit programs,
>you'll be better off with a cross compiling solution.

Does this mean for example using Lazarus 1.8.4 win64 and tell it
somehow to use the fpc 32 or 64 bit compiler depending on project or
for single project dual target?

Re: [Lazarus] Can Lazarus 1.8 import Delphi XE5 project from dproj file?

On Fri, 08 Jun 2018 10:31:01 +0200, Bo Berglund via Lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>I wonder if Lazarus is able to import a D-XE5 project using the dproj file

Well, I installed Lazarus 1.8.4 win32 and then I went to Tools/Delphi
Conversion and found that the only file type it handles is the *.dpr,
so the *.dproj is not possible it seems....