[Lazarus] CGI Application do not enable Run (F9) button

[Lazarus] CGI Application do not enable Run (F9) button

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I've just clicked in New>CGI Application to create a new project and the Run(F9) button is disabled.
However, If I choose FastCGI instead, the button stay enabled.

Is this a bug or a kind of restriction?

Best regards,
Marcos Douglas

Re: [Lazarus] CGI Application do not enable Run (F9) button

On Sun, 3 Jun 2018, Marcos Douglas B. Santos via Lazarus wrote:

> I've just clicked in New>CGI Application to create a new project and the
> Run(F9) button is disabled.
> However, If I choose FastCGI instead, the button stay enabled.
>
> Is this a bug or a kind of restriction?

You cannot run a CGI program in the IDE. It expects a server environment.
If you attempt to run it in the IDE, you'll get an error 'no REQUEST_METHOD
passed from server' or something like it.

Re: [Lazarus] CGI Application do not enable Run (F9) button

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 2:54 AM, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Jun 2018, Marcos Douglas B. Santos via Lazarus wrote:
>
>> I've just clicked in New>CGI Application to create a new project and the
>> Run(F9) button is disabled.
>> However, If I choose FastCGI instead, the button stay enabled.
>>
>> Is this a bug or a kind of restriction?
>

> You cannot run a CGI program in the IDE. It expects a server environment.
> If you attempt to run it in the IDE, you'll get an error 'no REQUEST_METHOD
> passed from server' or something like it.

Hey Michael, thanks. But my intention was to code an example showing
how we can change between CGI and Standalone using directives.
I've used FastCGI choice instead.

I'm still curious: how disable the button in IDE?

Best regards,
Marcos Douglas

Re: [Lazarus] CGI Application do not enable Run (F9) button

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Mon, 4 Jun 2018 10:03:06 -0300
"Marcos Douglas B. Santos via Lazarus" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>[...]
> >> I've just clicked in New>CGI Application to create a new project and the
> >> Run(F9) button is disabled.
>[...]
> I'm still curious: how disable the button in IDE?

You can disable
Project / Project Options / Miscellaneous / Project is
runnable.

Re: [Lazarus] CGI Application do not enable Run (F9) button

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 10:15 AM, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Jun 2018 10:03:06 -0300
> "Marcos Douglas B. Santos via Lazarus" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>>[...]
>>[...]
>> I'm still curious: how disable the button in IDE?
>
> You can disable
> Project / Project Options / Miscellaneous / Project is
> runnable.

That's it. Thank you.

Marcos Douglas