[Lazarus] CDDB access

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hi

I need to access CDDB (and also MusicBrainz would be nice) on Linux.  I found https://wiki.freepascal.org/CDDB but as that page suggests, the download link is defunct.

Are there any other such?  In the past I have done this by spawning two bash scripts which use CDDB and write text files.  Ugly. Slw. Error-prone (the format of the results is a bit variable).

I'm not too proud to do that again, but is there a more elegant way?

Teresa

Re: [Lazarus] CDDB access

On Wed, 2 Dec 2020, Teresa Williams via lazarus wrote:

> Hi
>
> I need to access CDDB (and also MusicBrainz would be nice) on Linux.  I found https://wiki.freepascal.org/CDDB but as that page suggests, the download link is defunct.
>
> Are there any other such?  In the past I have done this by spawning two bash scripts which use CDDB and write text files.  Ugly. Slw. Error-prone (the format of the results is a bit variable).
>
> I'm not too proud to do that again, but is there a more elegant way?

FPC comes with such units since ages:

https://www.freepascal.org/daily/packages/cdrom/index.html

Re: [Lazarus] CDDB access

On Wed, Dec 2, 2020 at 2:36 AM Teresa Williams via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I need to access CDDB (and also MusicBrainz would be nice) on Linux.  I found https://wiki.freepascal.org/CDDB but as that page suggests, the download link is defunct.

Are there any other such?  In the past I have done this by spawning two bash scripts which use CDDB and write text files.  Ugly. Slw. Error-prone (the format of the results is a bit variable).

I'm not too proud to do that again, but is there a more elegant way?

Teresa

freedb.org is down .

Instead of that ,

use

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk

Re: [Lazarus] CDDB access

Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus <[hidden email]> schrieb am Mi., 2. Dez. 2020, 08:02:

On Wed, 2 Dec 2020, Teresa Williams via lazarus wrote:

> Hi
>
> I need to access CDDB (and also MusicBrainz would be nice) on Linux.  I found https://wiki.freepascal.org/CDDB but as that page suggests, the download link is defunct.
>
> Are there any other such?  In the past I have done this by spawning two bash scripts which use CDDB and write text files.  Ugly. Slw. Error-prone (the format of the results is a bit variable).
>
> I'm not too proud to do that again, but is there a more elegant way?

FPC comes with such units since ages:

https://www.freepascal.org/daily/packages/cdrom/index.html

I have added a note to the wiki article that suggests the FPC unit as well as your article about this.

Additionally I've added a note about FreeDB being down.

Re: [Lazarus] CDDB access

Thanks Michael, Sven, Mehmet. I'll investigate in the morning.

Teresa