[Lazarus] Boolean component Properties saved in *.lfm

[Lazarus] Boolean component Properties saved in *.lfm

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

i think thats not correct:

set these AutoEncodeStrings settings

save and restart Lazarus, reopen the project:

AutoEncodeStrings is now false, despite the settings in ZConnection1.Properties to the right.

... and Strings like "Büdingen" are displayed wrong!

Should i write an extra bug-report?

On 03.05.2018 10:10, Landmesser John via Lazarus wrote:

> i think thats not correct:
>
> set these AutoEncodeStrings settings
>
> save and restart Lazarus, reopen the project:AutoEncodeStrings is now
> false, despite the settings in ZConnection1.Properties to the right.
>
> ... and Strings like "Büdingen" are displayed wrong!
>
> Should i write an extra bug-report?

TZConnection is not a part of Lazarus/LCL. So you should first
investigate if the problem is in ZEOS.

If you don't think the bug is in ZEOS, the bug will be in FPC because
component streaming is part of FPC. In this case, download trunk FPC
(over SVN), build Lazarus with it and test  - if the bug still persists,
create a simple test case program without any dependencies and create a
bug report for FPC project in mantis.

Ondrej

On 03.05.2018 10:35, Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus wrote:

> On 03.05.2018 10:10, Landmesser John via Lazarus wrote:
>>
>> i think thats not correct:
>>
>> set these AutoEncodeStrings settings
>>
>> save and restart Lazarus, reopen the project:AutoEncodeStrings is now
>> false, despite the settings in ZConnection1.Properties to the right.
>>
>> ... and Strings like "Büdingen" are displayed wrong!
>>
>> Should i write an extra bug-report?
>>

> TZConnection is not a part of Lazarus/LCL. So you should first
> investigate if the problem is in ZEOS.
>
> If you don't think the bug is in ZEOS, the bug will be in FPC because
> component streaming is part of FPC. In this case, download trunk FPC
> (over SVN), build Lazarus with it and test  - if the bug still
> persists, create a simple test case program without any dependencies
> and create a bug report for FPC project in mantis.

BTW, you could be hit by one of these already reported bugs:

Ondrej

Re: [Lazarus] Boolean component Properties saved in *.lfm

On Thu, 3 May 2018 10:10:04 +0200
Landmesser John via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i think thats not correct:
>
> set these AutoEncodeStrings settings
>

> save and restart Lazarus, reopen the project:
>

> AutoEncodeStrings is now false, despite the settings in
> ZConnection1.Properties to the right.
>

> ... and Strings like "Büdingen" are displayed wrong!
>

> Should i write an extra bug-report?

Keep in mind that ZeosDBO is not maintained by the Lazarus team.

http://wiki.freepascal.org/ZeosDBO

Re: [Lazarus] Boolean component Properties saved in *.lfm

Hi Ondrej,

compiled with

Lazarus 1.9.0 r57768M FPC 3.1.1 i386-win32-win32/win64

issue still exists, so i put a message to ZeosLib-Forum.

Issue is fixed if you open ZConnection.Properties once, so must be
simple to fix?!

Wait and see :-)

btw:

What tells us the M in r57768M ??

Am 03.05.2018 um 10:35 schrieb Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus:

> On 03.05.2018 10:10, Landmesser John via Lazarus wrote:
>>
>> i think thats not correct:
>>
>> set these AutoEncodeStrings settings
>>
>> save and restart Lazarus, reopen the project:AutoEncodeStrings is now
>> false, despite the settings in ZConnection1.Properties to the right.
>>
>> ... and Strings like "Büdingen" are displayed wrong!
>>
>> Should i write an extra bug-report?
>>

> TZConnection is not a part of Lazarus/LCL. So you should first
> investigate if the problem is in ZEOS.
>
> If you don't think the bug is in ZEOS, the bug will be in FPC because
> component streaming is part of FPC. In this case, download trunk FPC
> (over SVN), build Lazarus with it and test  - if the bug still
> persists, create a simple test case program without any dependencies
> and create a bug report for FPC project in mantis.
>
> Ondrej

Re: [Lazarus] Boolean component Properties saved in *.lfm

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
El 03/05/18 a les 15:24, Landmesser John via Lazarus ha escrit:

> issue still exists, so i put a message to ZeosLib-Forum.

In the version of zeos I have (7.1.4), the property AutoEncodeStrings is
marked as "default True", however the constructor doesn't set the
underlying field to true, hence the bug is in the zeos library.

--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007

Re: [Lazarus] Boolean component Properties saved in *.lfm

On Thu, 3 May 2018 15:24:51 +0200
Landmesser John via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

>[...]
> What tells us the M in r57768M ??

That you have local modifications.