[Lazarus] Application Idea Request for Comments

[Lazarus] Application Idea Request for Comments

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I am likely going to create a simple program that allows users to create real time effects on using one or more source video files, and am requesting comments before I start. I'd like to know what other cross platform (Mac/Windows/Linux/Pi) programs exists that work as I am going to describe, and am also open to suggestions.

Use case scenarios:
  • Fun video effects to display on a large home theater screen.
  • Programmable neo pixel effects based on video and or audio sources.
  • Picture in picture displays with 3D transforms and animation.
  • Custom detailed audio equalization and visualization.
    • Easy reverb, echo, delay, flanger, chorus effects.
  • Any other idea you have to either manipulate video and audio in real time, or forward data from video/audio to other external APIs such as Raspberry Pi GPIO pins.
Here are the details of what I am thinking about its operation:
  • Purely text based input.
  • Run from the command line with a Javascript file as the main script.
  • The program creates a full screen video player given input from the script file.
  • The script file can then alter the video and audio in real time as it plays. It can add effects such as mosiac, posterization,¬†ascii matrix, mirroring/3D transforms, overlay text, color substitution or chroma key, etc. It can also put effect on audio track.
  • The script can load other script files, and call subroutines.
  • Your own custom GLSL fragment shaders implement the actual pixel operations.
  • Multiple video, image, and audio sources can be composited to one final video/audio stream.
  • The program will include may pre fabricated scripts with reusable subroutines and examples.
The details of implementation include:
  • The MVP video player will be used to decode video files.
  • The SDL media library will be used to create a window and graphics context and audio mixer.
  • The MVP API gives access to video frames through an OpenGL frame buffer object. I assume it also has an audio API.
  • Javascript will come from the JSC webkit engine.
  • GLSL fragment shaders¬†will be connected to the rendering pipeline by user defined Javascript functions.

Re: [Lazarus] Application Idea Request for Comments

On Sun, 2018-07-01 at 10:50 -0400, Anthony Walter via Lazarus wrote:
> I'd like to know what other cross
> platform (Mac/Windows/Linux/Pi) programs exists that work as I am going to
> describe.

There are at least:

avidemux
lives
pitivi
shotcut
kdenlive
kino - dead project
openshot
openmovieeditor
blender

--
Marc Santhoff <[hidden email]>

Re: [Lazarus] Application Idea Request for Comments

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Marc,

You linked a bunch programs that can be used as video editors. I am looking for a program that creates effects in real time. You do know the difference right?