[Lazarus] App for PinePhone

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Anybody know how to create an app for the pinephone running ubports
(Ubuntu Touch)

It is using Wayland, and wont run X11 apps directly (though can use
Libertine once stable)

So I guess my question is - can Laz/Fpc do this currently, and if so how ?

Dont mind if has to be QT5 / Gtk3 / fpGui / etc

Regards - SteveG

Re: [Lazarus] App for PinePhone

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 8:59 AM SteveG via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dont mind if has to be QT5 / Gtk3 / fpGui / etc

QT5 widgetset is rather complete and stable. AFAIK it does not require
X11. That's the number 1 choice.
GTK3 is still buggy and features are missing but it may be enough for
some applications.
fpGui widgetset binding is not maintained very actively. I am not sure
how it works currently.

On 30/8/20 4:30 pm, Juha Manninen via lazarus wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 8:59 AM SteveG via lazarus
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dont mind if has to be QT5 / Gtk3 / fpGui / etc
> QT5 widgetset is rather complete and stable. AFAIK it does not require
> X11. That's the number 1 choice.
> GTK3 is still buggy and features are missing but it may be enough for
> some applications.
> fpGui widgetset binding is not maintained very actively. I am not sure
> how it works currently.
>
> Juha

Thank you Juha - will attempt crosscompile to arm64 using qt5 (have to
figure that first)

Re: [Lazarus] App for PinePhone

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Keep us informed, it interests me too. I just did some tests for the application console.

On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 12:12 PM Francesco Sammarco via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
Keep us informed, it interests me too. I just did some tests for the application console.

PinePhone64 PostmarketOS arrived on the desktop,
FpcUpDeluxe to setup Linux aarch64 RTL&co for FreePascal and latest Lazarus from trunk on Windows 10
cross-compiled from Windows 10 to Linux aarch64 a simple WriteLn('HelloWorld');
copy the 1MB binary using WinSCP from laptop to the PinePhone which is connected on the same Wifi network at home, using the admin user and password as declared 5 minutes before during the setup of PostmarketOS
in Putty command line :
pine64-pinephone:~$ ./HelloWorld
-ash: ./HelloWorld: not found
pine64-pinephone:~$ sudo apk add  libc6-compat
[sudo] password for admin:
fetch http://postmarketos1.brixit.nl/postmarketos/v20.05/aarch64/APKINDEX.tar.gz
fetch http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.12/main/aarch64/APKINDEX.tar.gz
fetch http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.12/community/aarch64/APKINDEX.tar.gz
(1/3) Installing libc6-compat (1.1.24-r9)
(2/3) Installing dnsmasq (2.81-r0)
Executing dnsmasq-2.81-r0.pre-install
(3/3) Installing postmarketos-base-elogind (3-r38)
Executing postmarketos-base-elogind-3-r38.post-install
- Modifying: /etc/elogind/logind.conf
Executing busybox-1.31.1-r19.trigger
Executing postmarketos-base-3-r36.trigger
Configuring a getty on port ttyS0 with baud rate 115200
OK: 967 MiB in 471 packages
pine64-pinephone:~$  ./HelloWorld
Hello world

Lesson learn ! (thank you Michael)
you need to sudo apk add  libc6-compat
using ldd ./HelloWorld
will show you the missing parts:
        /lib/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1 (0xffffa55ab000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1 (0xffffa55ab000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1 (0xffffa55ab000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1 (0xffffa55ab000)

Now let's compile the big beast over the week-end.