[Lazarus] Annoying lazarus mailing list behaviour

[Lazarus] Annoying lazarus mailing list behaviour

Can we please get rid of the Cc: being added to the mails sent through the lazarus
mailing list ?

In most cases, when I reply, I get 2 recipients. I always must delete 1.

When the original mail comes from Mattias Gaertner, I *invariably* get 3 reply addresses:

to : Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus <[hidden email]>
Cc : [hidden email],
      Mattias Gaertner <[hidden email]>

I suspect that Mattias still uses the 'old' list address in his mails when
posting, and that this is why I get 3 recipients.

This is VERY annoying.

(not the mails from Mattias, but the mailing list behaviour ;) )

Re: [Lazarus] Annoying lazarus mailing list behaviour

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

Am 07.05.2017 12:11 schrieb "Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus" <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Can we please get rid of the Cc: being added to the mails sent through the lazarus
> mailing list ?
>
> In most cases, when I reply, I get 2 recipients. I always must delete 1.
>
> When the original mail comes from Mattias Gaertner, I *invariably* get 3 reply addresses:
>
> to : Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus <[hidden email]>
> Cc : [hidden email],
>      Mattias Gaertner <[hidden email]>
>
> I suspect that Mattias still uses the 'old' list address in his mails when
> posting, and that this is why I get 3 recipients.
>
> This is VERY annoying.
>
> (not the mails from Mattias, but the mailing list behaviour ;) )

If you go back some months it was revealed that this is now necessary due to increased security in Gmail and Co. Otherwise mails from the list would be bounced.

On Sun, 7 May 2017, Sven Barth via Lazarus wrote:

> Am 07.05.2017 12:11 schrieb "Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus" <
> [hidden email]>:
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Can we please get rid of the Cc: being added to the mails sent through
> the lazarus
>> mailing list ?
>>
>> In most cases, when I reply, I get 2 recipients. I always must delete 1.
>>
>> When the original mail comes from Mattias Gaertner, I *invariably* get 3
> reply addresses:
>>
>> to : Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus <[hidden email]>
>> Cc : [hidden email],
>>      Mattias Gaertner <[hidden email]>
>>
>> I suspect that Mattias still uses the 'old' list address in his mails when
>> posting, and that this is why I get 3 recipients.
>>
>> This is VERY annoying.
>>
>> (not the mails from Mattias, but the mailing list behaviour ;) )
>
> If you go back some months it was revealed that this is now necessary due
> to increased security in Gmail and Co. Otherwise mails from the list would
> be bounced.

Nonsense.

Adding the CC is absolutely not necessary for this, only the from: line needs
to be adapted. An MTA doesn't look at CC.

On 2017-05-07 12:15, Sven Barth via Lazarus wrote:
> Am 07.05.2017 12:11 schrieb "Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus"
> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Can we please get rid of the Cc: being added to the mails sent through the lazarus
>> mailing list ?

It doesn't bother me much, I can filter it out (with procmail).
In fact, as the "from" is changed, I see the CC as a way to be able to
send a personal mail if needed.

>> This is VERY annoying.
>>
>> (not the mails from Mattias, but the mailing list behaviour ;) )
>
> If you go back some months it was revealed that this is now necessary
> due to increased security in Gmail and Co. Otherwise mails from the list
> would be bounced.

I subscribe to several mail lists, and I have not seen any problem with
gmail. :-?

--
Cheers / Saludos,

                Carlos E. R.

Re: [Lazarus] Annoying lazarus mailing list behaviour

On Sun, 7 May 2017 12:11:13 +0200 (CEST)
Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

>[...]
> I suspect that Mattias still uses the 'old' list address in his mails when
> posting, and that this is why I get 3 recipients.

Sorry. I fixed my setting.