[Lazarus] Animals game - exception: Failed to create win32 control, error: 1407 : Cannot find window class.

[Lazarus] Animals game - exception: Failed to create win32 control, error: 1407 : Cannot find window class.

Peter Williams
Hi All,

I have a Lazarus project which is a legacy game project from Delphi 7. It works fine in D7 and I used the tools menus to convert it to Lazarus. It compiles fine and when I run it it immediately gives this exception:

Debugger Exception Notification

Project ANIMALS.exe raised exception class 'Exception' with message:
Failed to create win32 control, error: 1407 : Cannot find window class.

I did a search on this error and only found a few C language references to it.

Here is the project download link:
http://hotfile.com/dl/111641603/97e0137/animals_001.zip.html

The game is a simple single form application with 5 x tButtons, each with their own modal codes, a tEdit and a tMemo... and that's about it. The form is called from it's own unit with a form1.showmodal command (e.g. showing it's own form).

I am hoping that someone can look at this and tell me what I am doing wrong. I think possibly I may need to separate out Animals.pas as a unit and make it's form a separate form and create it from my Animals.pas unit. Would this fix this problem?

Best Regards,
Peter / pew