[Lazarus] Anchoring fails on Windows 10

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Lazarus] Anchoring fails on Windows 10

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I have a simple form with 2 components,
a TVirtualDrawTree and a TProgressBar.

The TProgressBar is anchored to the bottom of the form and
the bottom of the TVirtualDrawTree is anchored to the top of the TProgressBar.

This works okay on Windows 7 and 8.1 but not on Windows 10!
When I resize the form by moving down the bottom border or
by making it full size then the position of the TProgressBar
within the form stays where it was
and is not moved to the bottom of the form.

Anybody else having such issues on Windows 10?

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Anchoring fails on Windows 10

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Tue, 8 Nov 2016 14:59:45 +0100
Jürgen Hestermann via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a simple form with 2 components,
> a TVirtualDrawTree and a TProgressBar.
>
> The TProgressBar is anchored to the bottom of the form and
> the bottom of the TVirtualDrawTree is anchored to the top of the TProgressBar.
>
> This works okay on Windows 7 and 8.1 but not on Windows 10!
> When I resize the form by moving down the bottom border or
> by making it full size then the position of the TProgressBar
> within the form stays where it was
> and is not moved to the bottom of the form.
>
> Anybody else having such issues on Windows 10?

I tested with a TTreeView and a TProgressBar and it works here with Laz
1.7 at design time and run time.


Mattias
--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Anchoring fails on Windows 10

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Am 2016-11-08 um 16:47 schrieb Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus:

> On Tue, 8 Nov 2016 14:59:45 +0100
> Jürgen Hestermann via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I have a simple form with 2 components,
>> a TVirtualDrawTree and a TProgressBar.
>>
>> The TProgressBar is anchored to the bottom of the form and
>> the bottom of the TVirtualDrawTree is anchored to the top of the TProgressBar.
>>
>> This works okay on Windows 7 and 8.1 but not on Windows 10!
>> When I resize the form by moving down the bottom border or
>> by making it full size then the position of the TProgressBar
>> within the form stays where it was
>> and is not moved to the bottom of the form.
>>
>> Anybody else having such issues on Windows 10?
> I tested with a TTreeView and a TProgressBar and it works here with Laz
> 1.7 at design time and run time.
>
On Windows 10?

I am using Lazarus 1.6.
Where there changes in 1.7?
--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Anchoring fails on Windows 10

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Tue, 8 Nov 2016 18:45:56 +0100
Jürgen Hestermann via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

>[...]
> >> Anybody else having such issues on Windows 10?  
> > I tested with a TTreeView and a TProgressBar and it works here with Laz
> > 1.7 at design time and run time.
> >  
> On Windows 10?

Yes.

 
> I am using Lazarus 1.6.
> Where there changes in 1.7?

Maybe. It works with 1.6 too.

Does it work with a new project?

Mattias
--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Anchoring fails on Windows 10

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Am 2016-11-08 um 23:13 schrieb Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus:
 > On Tue, 8 Nov 2016 18:45:56 +0100
 > Jürgen Hestermann via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
 >>>> Anybody else having such issues on Windows 10?
 >>> I tested with a TTreeView and a TProgressBar and it works here with Laz
 >>> 1.7 at design time and run time.
 >> On Windows 10?
 > Yes.
 > [...]
 > Does it work with a new project?

Although I did not change anything that is related
to anchoring it suddenly works on Win 10 too!
I have absolutely no idea what made it fail
permanently before.
Sorry for the noise.

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus