[Lazarus] Anchordocking options in IDE ?

[Lazarus] Anchordocking options in IDE ?

When you install the 'AnchordockingDsgn' package, the IDE becomes docked.
The package also installs a dialog under tools-options that allow you to set
various options.

I've tried to understand what the options are, but have not been able to
determine the effect for all of them. In particular, the following are
mysterious:

* Scale on resize: No visible effect.
* Flatten headers: No visible effect.
* Header align top: No visible effect.
* Header align left: no visible effect.

Anyone can explain what this means ?

Maybe also a good idea to add this to the wiki, as I understand it, the
docked form of the IDE is very popular, so maybe this will help a lot of
people.

Re: [Lazarus] Anchordocking options in IDE ?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On 12/04/2020 19:31, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus wrote:

> * Scale on resize: No visible effect.
If you resize the Window (in which you have several docked IDE-Windows),
then the new Width/Height is equally distributed/taken from all docked
forms.
Otherwise the left/bottom-most one is cut.

> * Flatten headers: No visible effect.
I do see a visible effect on the "bars" surrounding the caption of each
docked form.
Maybe depends on the chosen style.

> * Header align top: No visible effect.
> * Header align left: no visible effect
Based on a faint memory from very long ago, those are sizes, that
determine, if the dock-handle goes to the top or left, when a window
becomes docked....
But not sure.

On Sun, 12 Apr 2020, Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:

> On 12/04/2020 19:31, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus wrote:
>>

>> * Scale on resize: No visible effect.
> If you resize the Window (in which you have several docked IDE-Windows),
> then the new Width/Height is equally distributed/taken from all docked
> forms.
> Otherwise the left/bottom-most one is cut.

Indeed; Right-bottom one here...

>> * Flatten headers: No visible effect.
> I do see a visible effect on the "bars" surrounding the caption of each
> docked form.
> Maybe depends on the chosen style.

Well, you have good eyes. indeed.

>> * Header align top: No visible effect.
>> * Header align left: no visible effect
> Based on a faint memory from very long ago, those are sizes, that
> determine, if the dock-handle goes to the top or left, when a window
> becomes docked....

Could very well be, I will test.

Thanks for the tips !

Re: [Lazarus] Anchordocking options in IDE ?

On Sun, 12 Apr 2020 19:31:47 +0200 (CEST)
Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When you install the 'AnchordockingDsgn' package, the IDE becomes
> docked. The package also installs a dialog under tools-options that
> allow you to set various options.
>
> I've tried to understand what the options are, but have not been able
> to determine the effect for all of them. In particular, the following
> are mysterious:
>
> * Scale on resize: No visible effect.
> * Flatten headers: No visible effect.
> * Header align top: No visible effect.
> * Header align left: no visible effect.

I added explanations:
https://wiki.freepascal.org/Anchor_Docking#Options

On Sun, 12 Apr 2020, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Apr 2020 19:31:47 +0200 (CEST)
> Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> When you install the 'AnchordockingDsgn' package, the IDE becomes
>> docked. The package also installs a dialog under tools-options that
>> allow you to set various options.
>>
>> I've tried to understand what the options are, but have not been able
>> to determine the effect for all of them. In particular, the following
>> are mysterious:
>>
>> * Scale on resize: No visible effect.
>> * Flatten headers: No visible effect.
>> * Header align top: No visible effect.