[Lazarus] Add your own fpmake packages to the fppkg-repository

[Lazarus] Add your own fpmake packages to the fppkg-repository

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hi all,

As you might know there is an online repository with packages which you
can use with Free Pascal.

It is now possible to add your own packges at https://fppkg.cnoc.nl/.

At the moment the packages which are installed together with Free Pascal
are availabe, plus some packages I added myself. Like log4fpc (a clone
of log4delphi), dcpcrypt and some others.

Everyone can log-in with a bug-tracker of forum account. Note that every
fpc-version has it's own repository. And that there are two flavours:
testing and production. Everyone can add packages to testing. For now
adding to production is only possible for administrators.

I've tried to explain how it works over here:
https://fppkg.cnoc.nl/documentation

I'm really curious which packages will appear...

Regards,

Joost.

Re: [Lazarus] Add your own fpmake packages to the fppkg-repository

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 8:43 AM Joost van der Sluis via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

As you might know there is an online repository with packages which you
can use with Free Pascal.

It is now possible to add your own packges at https://fppkg.cnoc.nl/.

At the moment the packages which are installed together with Free Pascal
are availabe, plus some packages I added myself. Like log4fpc (a clone
of log4delphi), dcpcrypt and some others.

Everyone can log-in with a bug-tracker of forum account. Note that every
fpc-version has it's own repository. And that there are two flavours:
testing and production. Everyone can add packages to testing. For now
adding to production is only possible for administrators.

I've tried to explain how it works over here:
https://fppkg.cnoc.nl/documentation

I'm really curious which packages will appear...

Regards,

Joost.

This is good news and thank you for publishing! 🎉

I'm going to study how it works and publish my packages there.

I have some naive suggestions. After all packages were loaded, the button "Add package" disappeared, so after a long scrolling down I found it again at bottom of the site, so it would be nice to move it to the top (maybe on the right of label "A complete list of all packages"). The other suggestion would to add a new menu item called "Add package". And the last one would to change the "Login/Logout" cursor style to "hand pointer". 😅

Thank you more one time for publishing it!

--
Silvio Clécio

Am 17.04.2020 um 13:43 schrieb Joost van der Sluis via lazarus:
> Everyone can log-in with a bug-tracker of forum account. Note that
> every fpc-version has it's own repository. And that there are two
> flavours: testing and production. Everyone can add packages to
> testing. For now adding to production is only possible for
> administrators.

Does this mean that every forum user can post fpc packages? Will there
be a review? I guess we will drown in garbage. Forum users, don't
misunderstand me, I am not saying that you are posting poor software in
general, but we've had some evil-minded guys out there in the forum.
Sorry I am thinking of the worst: will there be access rights so that a
poster can only modify his own packages? (CCR for example does not have
them - we're lucky that nobody has abused it so far, but here not every
forum user has access).

Op 19-04-2020 om 19:59 schreef Werner Pamler via lazarus:

> Am 17.04.2020 um 13:43 schrieb Joost van der Sluis via lazarus:
>> Everyone can log-in with a bug-tracker of forum account. Note that
>> every fpc-version has it's own repository. And that there are two
>> flavours: testing and production. Everyone can add packages to
>> testing. For now adding to production is only possible for
>> administrators.
>
> Does this mean that every forum user can post fpc packages? Will there
> be a review? I guess we will drown in garbage. Forum users, don't
> misunderstand me, I am not saying that you are posting poor software in
> general, but we've had some evil-minded guys out there in the forum.
> Sorry I am thinking of the worst: will there be access rights so that a
> poster can only modify his own packages? (CCR for example does not have
> them - we're lucky that nobody has abused it so far, but here not every
> forum user has access).

As you can see here: https://fppkg.cnoc.nl/documentation there are some
regulations.

When things get out of control, we can change them.

For now: if you add a new package, no-one can see it and no-one can
download it until a manager (atm: that's me) approves it.

Once approved, the maintainer (or admin) of the package can change it at
will. And the changes will become available  in the test-repository.
(not instantly, atm this is a manual step from the administrator. But it
might get automated for the testing-repository in the future) This also
means that the package will be available to all users that adapt their
fppkg-configuration to use the test-repository. (They might do that, for
example, to test their own packages)

And once again, only administrators can add packages to the production
repository.

Also note that the system does a test-build of packages. For now only a
x86_64-linux, but when people start really using it, I can invest some
time and add some other platforms.

Regards,

Joost.

Re: [Lazarus] Add your own fpmake packages to the fppkg-repository

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 8:43 AM Joost van der Sluis via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm really curious which packages will appear...

I have been trying to update my package (zip) there, but the page always raises the following error:

Failed to upload sources. Http failure response for https://fppkg.cnoc.nl/repository/package/brookframework/3.0.4: 400 Bad Request

Also, it seems it is not possible to update the package "Category".

Is this a bug, or something I'm doing wrong? :-/

--
Silvio Clécio

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 12:36 PM silvioprog <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 8:43 AM Joost van der Sluis via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm really curious which packages will appear...

I have been trying to update my package (zip) there, but the page always raises the following error:

Failed to upload sources. Http failure response for https://fppkg.cnoc.nl/repository/package/brookframework/3.0.4: 400 Bad Request

Also, it seems it is not possible to update the package "Category".

Is this a bug, or something I'm doing wrong? :-/

I forgot to show the steps I have been trying:

1. generated the "fpmake.pp" automatically from the .lpk via Lazarus IDE
2. followed those steps from fppkg docs
3. uploaded the "brooktardigrade-5.0.source.zip" generated by fppkg archine (*)

(*) the fppkg archive raises a lot of warnings like:

<snip>
Warning: Unexpected response status code: 301
Warning: Source file "BrookTardigrade.pas" from package brooktardigrade not found for cpunone-aros
<snip>

but I don't understand what they mean.

--
Silvio Clécio

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 2:17 PM silvioprog <[hidden email]> wrote:
I forgot to show the steps I have been trying:

1. generated the "fpmake.pp" automatically from the .lpk via Lazarus IDE
2. followed those steps from fppkg docs
3. uploaded the "brooktardigrade-5.0.source.zip" generated by fppkg archine (*)

(*) the fppkg archive raises a lot of warnings like:

<snip>
Warning: Unexpected response status code: 301
Warning: Source file "BrookTardigrade.pas" from package brooktardigrade not found for cpunone-aros
<snip>

but I don't understand what they mean.

Finally I found the problem, it is related to my fpmake.pp.

Please ignore my messages and sorry for noising!

--
Silvio Clécio

Op 17-04-2020 om 14:24 schreef silvioprog via lazarus:

>     I've tried to explain how it works over here:
>     https://fppkg.cnoc.nl/documentation
>
>     I'm really curious which packages will appear...
>
> This is good news and thank you for publishing! 🎉
>
> I'm going to study how it works and publish my packages there.

I saw the Brookframework and approved it. But now you have to add it to
the (testing) repository yourself. I could do it, but normally this is a
step package-maintainers can do themselves.

Once done, I'll add it to production also.

Regards,

Joost.